1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

NEW TAILOR BESPOKE NAPLES

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Gianni Cerutti, Oct 9, 2013.

1. poorsod

poorsod Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.
  2. jedwards

jedwards Well-Known Member

Thank you, I did not know that.

As I have access / already have many British made bespoke suits, fully canvassed, I am reading up and researching what I now know is the Attolini cut, so thank you.

3. T4phage

T4phage Well-Known Member

this is more akin to what i am used to seeing from this pirozzi and teh stuff he made for maresca

4. Gianni Cerutti

Gianni Cerutti Well-Known Member

5. MrSuit

MrSuit Member

Any pictures of entire jacket Gianni?????

6. SartodiNapoli

SartodiNapoli Well-Known Member

He is not Maresca, i eat all Thursdays on Maresca's house on Naples. How do you know him if you are american?

He is not Maresca, i eat all Thursdays on Maresca's house on Naples. How do you know him if you are american?

I have not seen yet on this thread any beautiful suit but most on the contrary side but that is my personal opinion and I am pretty sure than Maresca who likes the real neapoletan agrees with me.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
  7. Gianni Cerutti

Thank you for your kind comment. I am happy to know that you know Maresca because he is a great lover of beauty, really. But you should ask the attorney Maresca What do you think of Pirozzi because the two have known each other for 25 years. And Maresta has many clothes Pirozzi. Maresca I have great esteem because of Pirozzi appreciates his clothes because they are unique. In fact Maresca has also written skills Pirozzi of several prestigious journals.

8. SartodiNapoli

Maresca knows them all. I will say if he can show me any suit. He showed me a Rubinacci and was heavy and overamoured on the contrary as people believes. You all know my opinion about since several years.

9. Gianni Cerutti

Thanks for your comment. Maresca also ask you to show in the clothes of Pirozzi. And if you do not you just go find Pirozzi in his tailoring. Together, they take a good cup of coffee and he'll explain all the differences.

10. SartodiNapoli

I am checking that blog, thanks for posting.

Is a serious blog? what's your opinion about?

11. carpu65

carpu65 Well-Known Member

Maresca with Pirozzi:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In Naples were many sartorial schools; unfortunately now seems that only the Attolini "ultrasoft" school is remembered.
    Pirozzi is one of exponents of structurate school (structurate but very comfortable).
    Here a 1962 Neapolitan double breasted of Sartoria Miglio:

[​IMG]

In my opinion very clean and proportionate (i dislike huge,square, lapels).

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  12. SartodiNapoli

Talking about Mr. Maresca, just phoned him to meet and told me his father has passed away today. Please pray for his soul. thank you

13. Gianni Cerutti

[​IMG]

And here is another bespoke double-breasted coat with martingale and fold back Pirozzi. It did for a friend of mine and I find it really elegant. And you? What do you think?

I love you so much that cut lapels. In the fall I will make one of the same model. But with a vintage plaid cashmere from 850 gr. If I can also show you the fabric.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  14. SartodiNapoli

I think this is your best commision by far as i like classic style but i would have commissioned it without the strange side pockett to be more elegant. The pignata shape and tap is a bit rare omho. Is not too heavy for Milan?

Last edited: May 9, 2014
  15. dopey

dopey Well-Known Member

That overcoat is really beautiful, though I agree that the shape of the out hip pockets are a drop too stylized. A little squarer and less round would be better. But it is still very very nice. I like it a lot.
    Do you have photos of the back?

Last edited: May 9, 2014
  16. Gianni Cerutti

Thank you very much for your kind words. I also really like that coat. I do not know if I have pictures of the back. But it was like the camel that had shown some time ago.

I do not understand how you would have done the pockets. You would have done the normal? Do not apply, right?

Today photographer in vintage cashmere coat that I will give to Pirozzi next week. I'll be curious to know what you think and what you think. It weighs 850 grams.

17. dopey

dopey Well-Known Member

no. Patch pockets (applied) are correct and look nice for this style. But the shape of these is too round and aggressive. Top of pocket is narrower than the bottom of the pocket and the bottom is too round.

18. Gianni Cerutti

Ah ok ... now I understand ... you're right on the pockets. But you're in luck because I found the pictures of the back, just like you asked.

What do you think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  19. dopey

dopey Well-Known Member

Beautiful! Thank you

20. SartodiNapoli

Even i personally don't like for nowadays the Martingala, the back adjuster, i think goes perfect on this style of coat.