1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

New Peal boots at Brooks Brothers

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by chorse123, Jul 26, 2006.

1. chorse123

chorse123 Well-Known Member

These look NICE:
    [​IMG]

These aren't bad, either:
    [​IMG]

2. grimslade

grimslade Well-Known Member

Both look nice. I wish those suede boot were available in a brown calf though. I've been hankering for a boot like that for a while, but I keep missing them.

3. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Well-Known Member

Both look nice. I wish those suede boot were available in a brown calf though. I've been hankering for a boot like that for a while, but I keep missing them.

You can probably get the C&J or Alfred Sargent badged versions from pediwear. I'm not sure which company makes the boots for Brooks. If it's alfred sargent, you can probably get it for about 40% the BB cost.

http://www.pediwear.co.uk/detail.php?stock_ID=62

Although the leather used in the BB collection might be better.

I actually had a pair of suede jodhpurs at one point, but didn't have the guts to wear it, and sold it off on ebay (I think another forum member bought it). I kind of regret selling it.... But I already have two brown jodhpurs (One grenson, one shell cordovan polo with a back strap, not a wrap-around strap) and a third boot in suede would have been a once or twice a year shoe. Better somebody else got it and used it more than me.

4. grimslade

You can probably get the C&J or Alfred Sargent badged versions from pediwear. I'm not sure which company makes the boots for Brooks. If it's alfred sargent, you can probably get it for about 40% the BB cost.

http://www.pediwear.co.uk/detail.php?stock_ID=62

Although the leather used in the BB collection might be better.

I actually had a pair of suede jodhpurs at one point, but didn't have the guts to wear it, and sold it off on ebay (I think another forum member bought it). I kind of regret selling it.... But I already have two brown jodhpurs (One grenson, one shell cordovan polo with a back strap, not a wrap-around strap) and a third boot in suede would have been a once or twice a year shoe. Better somebody else got it and used it more than me.

I really want those Polo back-strap cordovan jodhpurs. Those, or the Zegna model, which is beautiful. [​IMG]

5. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Well-Known Member

I really want those Polo back-strap cordovan jodhpurs. Those, or the Zegna model, which is beautiful. [​IMG]

Yeah, the polo's back straps are very cool. Once I got them, I decided to get rid of a bunch of other things as I think I will them quite a bit when autumn arrives. They go very well with denim, I think.

I think I know which Zegna you were talking about - I saw one, but wasn't sure whether it was labelled in the US or UK/European size, so I passed.

6. grimslade

I think I know which Zegna you were talking about - I saw one, but wasn't sure whether it was labelled in the US or UK/European size, so I passed.

I've only seen the Zegnas new in Europe (plus once on ebay). That doesn't really shed any light on the sizing, I guess. But I'm kicking myself for not at least trying them on in Italy, so I'd know what size to look for. Ah, well...