1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF AUG 24, 2015

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Murlsquirl, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Well-Known Member

New SF member and not sure where to find the answer you're looking for? Have a quick question that doesn't belong in a current thread? Welcome, you found the right place.

This is a weekly thread where new users can ask quick questions and get a solid answer. If a thread already exists that would be more helpful, we will point you in the right direction. The only stupid question is the one that isn't asked.....so ask away!

2. Andurew Choi

Andurew Choi Well-Known Member

Hi, I'm looking for a pair of boots with a color that'll go good with both indigo denim and some black chinos. I was thinking something along the lines of a chocolate or burgundy brown but i'm not really sure what will clash with the black. I want a kind of slim boot, maybe a wingtip dress boot? If someone could point me in the right direction with the color that would be great :)

3. Murlsquirl

Welcome to the forum, AC. How about a dark brown Chelsea boot?

4. Andurew Choi

Andurew Choi Well-Known Member

Thank you! Ive been thinking about a chelsea boot but i've never worn one before. I kind of like the feeling of being locked into my boots, is there any looseness when you wear a chelsea boot? I also wear my jeans pretty tapered with no stacking at the bottom, so i'm not sure if my pants would clash with top of the boot. Also my price limit is probably a maximum of 350 for the boots.

5. bensta96

bensta96 New Member

Hello im new to the forum and need some help finding boots. I had ordered a pair of wolverine 1000 mile Russel boots because i loved the look and was looking for a higher boot, but the 8.5 was sized more like a 10 and they were completely lined in pleather....... yes pleather, yuckkk here is an example of the boot or http://www.amazon.com/Wolverine-1000-Mile-Russell-Boots/dp/B0040VZS9S, im looking for a boot in a similar style if possible if not something that is around the same height full grain leather and welted, big fan of sales looking in the 100-200$ range thanks

6. Murlsquirl

Welcome to the forum, bensta. Quote's Grizzly boot is somewhat similar, but will run you about $400. Not sure about anything in that price range. Best of luck.