1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JAN 25, 2016

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Murlsquirl, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Well-Known Member

Sorry bud, but I can't imagine wearing that with anything. Just one guys opinion though...

2. simplesimple

simplesimple Member

Hi all - great forum!

I have a fairly muscular build, with sloping shoulders.

I've knocked back quite a few OTR jackets because my delts sit way below the point of the jacket shoulder, and so there's a big divot. I've been looking at the SuitSupply Copenhagen because I think an unstructured shoulder is my only hope!

Anyway, I've just realised the problem is worse on my right because my rear deltoid on that side is underdeveloped, meaning in a lot of jackets I'll fill the shoulder at the front but there's a divot to the rear. Sorry I don't have photos.

My question:
    How far do people go in constructing shoulders to address a 'problem' like this? Are there any simple options?

I could work on it at the gym but after 20 years in the gym they're unlikely to change dramatically without an amount of effort I could not sustain.

Thanks for any ideas or information!

3. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, @SimpleStyle . It's really hard to give feedback without seeing the problem. If you can, snap a picture with a jacket on and post the picture here http://www.styleforum.net/t/265924/the-tailors-thread-fit-feedback-and-alteration-suggestions. Hopefully one of the tailors that follow the thread will chime in to let you know if anything can be done to OTR jackets to address the issue. Best of luck.