1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

New Louis Vuitton Ad Featuring PHARRELL!!!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by CaliStyle, Jun 25, 2006.

1. imageWIS

imageWIS Well-Known Member

. If I had a mil to drop on a car and I started worrying about whether my color choice was appropriate to others (or for that matter any purchase I'd make), I'd liquidate all my assets, give it to charity and join a monastery. .

And there's your problem: your thinking of others. Taste is about oneself, and how you project onto yourself. If others happen to notice, that's happenstance.

Jon.

2. edmorel

edmorel Well-Known Member

LV has gone Ghetto Fabulous!!![​IMG] What a shame!

Yes, LV did extensive marketing research in the ghetto's of America and came up with this season's collection. [​IMG]

3. Margaret

Margaret Well-Known Member

Taste is relative and arguing over who has bad/good taste will age you about 20 years and get you absolutely no where. Again, I believe if you got it, spend it however makes you happy. If I had a mil to drop on a car and I started worrying about whether my color choice was appropriate to others (or for that matter any purchase I'd make), I'd liquidate all my assets, give it to charity and join a monastery.

50-100 mil net worth = I make my own rules.

Better yet: breathing = I make my own rules.

4. edmorel

edmorel Well-Known Member

And there's your problem: your thinking of others. Taste is about oneself, and how you project onto yourself. If others happen to notice, that's happenstance.

Jon.

Not sure my statement was read correctly. I meant that if I had the money and worried about others, I wouldn't deserve to have the money in the first place. I've got jack now and I couldn't care less what others think about my car.

5. Margaret

Margaret Well-Known Member

Jon.

I think you're misreading Edmorel. Not that he needs me to speak for him.

Edit: clearly he doesn't. [​IMG]