• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New gap denim

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dunno, I've seen a lot less blown crotches on APC than Nudie. And I don't know enough about Naked and Famous and Good Society to say they fade/hold up well. Can't think of much else in that range off the top of my head...Crate may be better, I guess. Isn't Corpus around there? I get those two confused.

Also, I'm kind of curious to get a look at those Organic Standard Fits - apparently they're button fly, and they pictures suggest they may be dyed OK.

DrFaustus

Reaction score
I ordered a pair of the white jeans in 31x32. Hopefully they should be here tomorrow. My local store didn't have them yet, so let's hope they fit. I'll keep you all posted on how their size is running.

wttm

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
APC's aren't nice either, you'll just end up buying a nicer pair eventually so why bother with APC?

If nicer pair = repros then no.
I really haven't been fond with any Japense repros Styleforum and SuFu go crazy for because I don't like the fit. New Standards cut is just amazing. I have two pairs and I want another pair. IMO, its the GO TO jeans for that minimalist look. I still wear my broken in pair every now and then.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
There're tons of better non-repro brands. They outnumber the repros actually. PBJ, KMW, Dry Bones, Samurai, Eternal, Oni, etc.

SeanUCSB

Reaction score
Originally Posted by argyleboy
my local Gap didn't have them in yet. Def curious about these.

The Gap in San Jose (Valley Fair) had the white and indigo standard in yesterday....I though the cut on the white was nice.....

hypnos123

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Seagate
I actually don't mind the straight fit from the GAP. It can be better but what can I expect for that price right. Anyways, would you recommend that I get them in my normal GAP size or a size lower.

size down at least 2. my 32/32 measures 35 at the waist wtf......

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
There're tons of better non-repro brands. They outnumber the repros actually. PBJ, KMW, Dry Bones, Samurai, Eternal, Oni, etc.

Wait, what? What do you consider repro then? Even KMW, Dry Bones and PBJ do regular-rise straight legs...

wttm

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bona Drag
Wait, what? What do you consider repro then? Even KMW. Dry Bones PBJ do regular-rise straight legs...

and he forgot to mention the price.

DrFaustus

Reaction score
The white Gap jeans came today. I bought 31X32's. They feel SLIGHTLY big in the waist for being 31's. Length is great. Overall, I'm really happy with them. If anyone cares, I can get the actual waist measurement of the 31's.

I highly recommend them.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bona Drag
Wait, what? What do you consider repro then? Even KMW. Dry Bones PBJ do regular-rise straight legs...
KMW Rockers are not a repro cut, nor are the Red-Ds or any of the 003-based cuts. And price wasn't an issue, the suggestion from Eason was to skip buying cheaper denim and just save for more expensive ("Higher-end") denim. PS: To alleviate both of your concerns, Ande Whall provides slim fits without huge prices
smile.gif

wttm

Reaction score
Higher-end can be very subjective. APC can be considered higher end when you compare it with GAP. Oh well all in all I vouch for APC if you want a quality denim with a minimalist look.

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess I'm being a little loose with the terminology - I use repro to refer to most BiG/SE brands, even the ones that don't do identical recreations of old cuts. You're right that a lot of those companies don't base all, most or even any of their models on 501s, 101s or 13MWZs.

Agree on Ande - he does any type of cut, really. Can't recommend his stuff highly enough (although I'm worried the new fits taper a bit too much for my liking).

Seagate

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DrFaustus
The white Gap jeans came today. I bought 31X32's. They feel SLIGHTLY big in the waist for being 31's. Length is great. Overall, I'm really happy with them. If anyone cares, I can get the actual waist measurement of the 31's.

I highly recommend them.

Do they feel slightly big in the waist for a normal size 31 you wear or a normal size 31 from the gap? The reason why I ask is because I already know what size I am for GAP. Most likely I will be sizing down 1 but I want to know if the size on this jean runs the same as the other GAP jeans.

Can you also tell me if the waist stretches when you get a chance to test them out more as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics