1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

New G.I. Joe Trailer

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Cas Ruffin, May 4, 2009.

1. Cas Ruffin

Cas Ruffin Well-Known Member

2. robin

robin Well-Known Member

That's like Power Rangers awesome.

3. Cas Ruffin

That was a good movie. Don't trip.

4. GoSurface

GoSurface Well-Known Member

Marlon Waynes? What is this, In Living Color?

5. ryoneo

ryoneo Well-Known Member

That was a good movie. Don't trip.

+1

That preview looked awful. Why the hell do they need robot suits?![​IMG]

6. ctrlaltelite

ctrlaltelite Well-Known Member

in all fairness, those accelerator suits are based off actual "future miltary" hardware: [​IMG] joe mythology has generally veered towards the cutting edge of fighting technology with a bit of mysticism and plenty of good old american gusto, so the movie seems to be bringing a balance between the cheesiness of the original cartoon and the more serious tone of the comic.

7. Jumbie

Jumbie Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind watching this. Might be blasphemy around here but despite watching G.I. Joe cartoons when I was a kid and playing with the action figures, I don't really remember it all that well and won't mind it being a mindless action flick (which is what I fully expect it to be). Hopefully they don't dumb it down and try the pathetic attempt at humor that was Transformers. Without Megan Fox to ogle, that would have been a total loss. Of course, they were trying to sell toys and games to the kiddies but I really didn't appreciate how silly they made it.

8. Mauro

Mauro Well-Known Member

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    it will be a good popcorn muncher. I hope they don't duck up snake-eyes character to much.

9. Edward Appleby

Edward Appleby Well-Known Member

I loved The Mummy, but I feel like this would be better if it was a little more in the Predator vein of action films than Transformer. Still, looks fairly promising for what it is.

10. Slopho

Slopho Well-Known Member

This looks like it will be complete crap. I don't remember the Joes using any type of "power suit" in any of the cartoon variations.

The fight between Storm Shadow and Snakes Eyes however could be a saving grace if done correctly.

11. Cas Ruffin

I'm watching it just for Marlon Wayans.

12. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

I was hoping this would be good and it could still be but if only you guys have seen how Cobra Commander looked. [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. javyn

javyn Well-Known Member

So is this the reason they removed the delightful GI Joe remixes from Youtube? Bastards