1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

New bespoke dinner jacket - now with photo of cutting process...more to come

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by R.O. Thornhill, Aug 29, 2012.

1. R.O. Thornhill

R.O. Thornhill Well-Known Member

Could never do that - just think notch lapel SB DJs look wrong

In any case too late - the DB shawl 4x1 has been cut and is being made up for a first fitting in two weeks

R-O-T

2. Boisey

Boisey Member

Just a quick note for those eagle-eyed of you that may have noticed but we have put a neck cut in on the Dinner Jacket as well as the Donegal. I just happened to be a bit hasty with taking the photo and did so before we marked the neck cut.

Also regarding the Notch-Lapel on a DJ, I much prefer the Shawl Collar or Peak Lapel. The Notch-Lapel is a bit too "Hollywood" for me and reminds me of more hire-wear or OTR.

Best,

Matthew

www.steed.co.uk

matthew@steed.co.uk

3. Qualityguru

Qualityguru New Member

I would go with the 1B SB. Single vent would be a hipper look. Go a inch and a half shorter in the coat length. Piped pockets with flaps. Pipe pockets in grossgrain. Flaps will let you wear it two ways, with or without. Want to wear it piped, tuck in flaps and press properly. This will add versatility. Sleeve buttons = 2 functional covered grossgrain. Maybe go a little bigger than 24L.

4. mafoofan

mafoofan Well-Known Member

Is there no emoticon for head exploding?

2 people like this.
  5. R.O. Thornhill

R.O. Thornhill Well-Known Member

Mother of God, that sounds awful. You nearly made me choke on my Monday martini

R-O-T

6. OTM

OTM Well-Known Member

Pictures here would be just lovely!

7. poorsod

poorsod Well-Known Member