1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

New Armoury Store in Tribeca

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Grammaton Cleric, Jul 2, 2013.

1. acidboy

acidboy Well-Known Member

nope, I believe you were pointing out that the store is "mainly targeting big timers for whom money is nothing more than a number" which you then expounded on. don't wanna pick a fight, I'm just wondering
    and I am definitely not one to defend the armoury but "guess what", I've been in their first store several times, and the most expensive item I bought from them is a pair of eyeglasses, and never once did I feel that they only serve the VIPs... as a matter of fact I find it great that they treat everyone like a VIP, even denim and t-shirt wearing folks like me

and when that word finally loses its meaning thanks to all the marketing brouhaha, they'll find another word to make the products "special"... my bet's on "artificer" or "smith made" :)

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Terrific. Now I want a snack and an evening espresso.

Well, good luck to @JeffArmoury , @JakeArmoury , @yfyf and the rest of the lads (I've met Alan and Ethan, as well as Mark, is there anyone else?) I think that it will be fun to visit the store next time I'm in NYC.

3. JeffArmoury

JeffArmoury Well-Known Member

The Armoury most certainly is not associated in any way with the Li & Fung group. Li & Fung do the exact opposite of what we do. They look for defunct brands with no underlying internal production and they turn it around as a brand-driven business. We specifically look for people and companies with outstanding design & production ability that reflect the personal taste of the people in the company.

And it's important for us to be attentive to EVERY customer that walks in, not just the VIPs. That's really the cornerstone of our business. That being said, if you know a few eccentric Russian billionaires that you'd like to pass our way we could probably teach them a thing or two about dressing.

2 people like this.
  4. GusW

GusW Well-Known Member

Good luck with the new store. I look forward to visiting it one day early next year.

NYC can certainly use a specialty menswear store geared towards classic tailored apparel. Hopefully it will result in more well dressed guys strutting around the city.

5. TheTukker

TheTukker Well-Known Member

Interesting; I also thought I read somewhere that you were backed by them.

6. beaur

beaur Active Member

I stopped by the store the yesterday purely by chance. Actually stopped when I saw them taking pictures out front. Now it was a snowy day and there weren't many customers around but they were still stocking the place but they took some time with me and I actually stayed much longer than I expected. Very helpful in answering questions and gave me hope as they do have larger sizes, and have long ties in stock!! and at least they carry makers who actually produce sizes larger than 48!! I'm not a Russian oligarch throwing money around and they still made me feel welcome. Left without making a purchase but I hope to remedy that soon.

7. Cantabrigian

Cantabrigian Well-Known Member

Any chance you guys can sell pre-flipped ties?

I want teh steez but I'm not sure I can execute the manoeuvre on my own.

8. Timmbo

Timmbo Well-Known Member

visited the armoury yesterday evening - fantastic store. first time I've had the chance to handle a lot of brands (ring jacket, st crispin's etc.), which just aren't easily available anywhere else.

I'm not looking to add anything to my wardrobe and just went to check out the place whilst I'm still in NYC. I had a good chat with Jeremy and Jeff, both awesome guys - very knowledgable about all the products and #menswear in general. If anyone is in the city, it's well worth going out of your way to see a retail experience executed so perfectly.

1 person likes this.
  9. clee1982

clee1982 Well-Known Member

what's the pricing on ring jacket?

10. JeffArmoury

Hey Clee, it depends what you're interested in - Suits, Jackets, Blouson, Trousers? Feel free to shoot us an email at nyc@thearmoury.com and we can sort you out.

Jeff

11. JeffArmoury

12. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Well-Known Member

13. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

Very awesome. Now I am really mad that i was not able to make it over last week. :(

14. Grammaton Cleric

Grammaton Cleric Well-Known Member

Jeff,

Apart from Liverano, do you plan for any other tailors to visit (WW Chan, Ring etc.)?

15. JeffArmoury

Yes, absolutely - the trunk shows should mirror Hong Kong, so on the tailoring front you can expect visits from Liverano, Ambrosi, Orazio Luciano, & Ring Jacket. Also, Phillip from Saint Crispin's, Koji Suzuki, Betty from Carmina, Nackymade, and Komatsu from Ortus will be here.

We won't be hosting Chan shows in the New York location. There are also a few others that we haven't confirmed yet that should be exciting in the coming months.