1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Nespresso Club

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by johnapril, Dec 5, 2010.

1. sinnedk

sinnedk Well-Known Member

same and depending on taste i either pull 2 shots or 1 lungo and a shot. balance is pretty good

2. coffeedude

coffeedude New Member

Actually I did just discover some pretty good 3rd party Nespresso compatible capsules. They were from HiLine Coffee based out of New York. I was pretty skeptical having read some reviews of the other off-brand capsules but surprisingly these were really good. They are only 50 cents a pop too so you save a little bit. Biggest plus for me is not having to deal with the minimum order sizes on Nespresso Club

3. sinnedk

4. js4design

js4design Well-Known Member

What the hell is going on with the website? I just went to order some capsules and all the higher intensity capsules are gone as individual sleeves. The only place to get them is part of an intenso pack which has 5 different sleeves.

5. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Well-Known Member

Ok, so I got the new new dark ones Kazaar and Darkhan or whatever. In general I feel they taste a little too robusta-y. While I liked the Napoli better than both of these new offerings I felt the Napoli was also too heavily proportioned with robusta. The Trieste, or whatever was probably my favorite capsule ever.

6. flyindarkness

flyindarkness Well-Known Member

I feel like the new kazaar is a bit different from the release couple of years ago. this is no where near as smoky or complex. =/ but maybe my taste buds are changing

1 person likes this.
  7. sinnedk

i tried kazaar while on vacation and it was much smoother than expected, i liked it a lot more then the existing 10 intensity pods

8. Unregistered

Unregistered Well-Known Member

I'm addicted to my Nespresso Latissima Plus.

All I buy are the Arpeggio, Indriya, Ristretto, Kazaar, and Roma.

Arpeggio is my go-to for everything. Cappuccino, latte... I tend to pull a cappuccino and a latte into a travel tumbler for work. Ristretto is used for this too... Kazaar and Indriya make for great mid day bombs. Roma is just for sublime affogato!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  9. sinnedk

Arpeggio is my fave as well,

just ordered Vanillo, Carmelito, Arpegio, Kazaar and Dulsao.

10. Unregistered

The Kazaar is fantastic as a straight up shot, but not a big fan of it as a cappuccino...

11. patrickBOOTH

WTF is wrong with you people? The kazaar isn't awesome.

12. sinnedk

u no like?

13. Unregistered

I think it distinguishes itself from Ristretto and Arpeggio (much more "classic" tasting to me) to warrant buying it. Same case applies with Indriya for me.

I don't get the love for Rosabaya here. It's just exceedingly sour to me.

14. patrickBOOTH

Like I said a few posts earlier. It has too much robusta in it. No notes other than robusta.

15. sinnedk

fair enough, when i tried it in florence it was really smooth and had a great kick so i instantly liked it but of course to each their own...

fyi i cant stand acidic or sourish tastes in my coffee/espresso

16. ama

ama Well-Known Member

Would any Canadians be willing to proxy me some Chocolate Raspberry caps?

17. Unregistered

I could do it. Let me know where you live and how many sleeves you'd like! I'm actually a big fan of this cioccorosso. I bought 12 sleeves lol.

18. ama

ama Well-Known Member

Thanks muchly! PM sent.

19. patrickBOOTH

So they have these new fancy machines. Read a bar code and heat, brew, and spin, yes spin, the capsules to create new interesting espressos and, yes, regular American coffee. Pretty cool, but limited offerings for now. I'll probably buy one when they consolidate the traditional espresso with this new system.

I tried to new Ethiopian Lungo. It is very classic Ethiopian coffee, imo. The nose is wow! Very fruity! It is good, but in general a bit too acidic for my buds on a regular basis.

20. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Well-Known Member

That does sound pretty cool. I fear my machine's days may be numbered so I might be looking at some options in the near future . . .