1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Need Supply - official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, May 27, 2009.

1. johnH123

johnH123 Well-Known Member

Chris, I have placed an order for 2 Gitman shirts shipped to New Zealand. I have sent an email to service@needsupply.com to declare the items at a lower value so I do not get taxed by customs. Can you please make sure it gets looked at ?

Order #100033953

You're asking an established retailer to break the law (and risk fines) so one customer can save a few $$ on taxes...

If I were them I'd tell you to get bent.

2. Timbaland

Timbaland Well-Known Member

^^ They aren't the only ones who do that. I won't name names but there are other businesses popular on this forum who do the same thing.

3. g transistor

g transistor Well-Known Member

Some retailers will do it because they're kind, but if you're ordering from overseas you should always take into account customs fees before placing an order. It's just the monster of ordering internationally, and it's pretty lame to publicly ask a retailer to do it.

4. chiggah

chiggah Well-Known Member

You're asking an established retailer to break the law (and risk fines) so one customer can save a few $$ on taxes...

If I were them I'd tell you to get bent.

It's not a few $$ on taxes

Last time i ordered a desert boot and APC denim from them, i was taxed $150 New zealand dollars which was $122 USD.

I know it's few dollars in the USA, but it's horrendous here.

5. blake3030

blake3030 Well-Known Member

Australia rules for buying internationally. Never had to pay a thing. I think you only have to pay when the product value is over $1000.

6. dannyon

dannyon Member

Yo, G Transistor! Your avatar... Algernon Cadwallader?!

7. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Well-Known Member

Gotta say Need Supply is ruling right now. They've got good brands at a range of prices, and keep adding stuff like Master-piece. Plus a v. good women's selection. Great shop, wish it were a little closer to DC. OK, in DC.

8. HOT Sriracha

HOT Sriracha Well-Known Member

Is the "junesf" code still valid? Just tried it and it doesn't seem to work. If not, is there a new promotional code for members? Thanks!

9. obiter dictum

obiter dictum Well-Known Member

It's not a few $$ on taxes Last time i ordered a desert boot and APC denim from them, i was taxed $150 New zealand dollars which was $122 USD. I know it's few dollars in the USA, but it's horrendous here.
    How is that the store's problem though? If you really want to avoid import taxes, try using a mail forwarding service like shipito.com. You can declare the value yourself instead of bothering the retailer. I don't think it's horrible to ask about it though, I did it myself a couple of times before I started using mail forwarding, but I'd never expect it or think any less of a store that says no. Edit: Gah just realized that was posted ages ago, sorry.

10. ChrisNeedSupply

ChrisNeedSupply Well-Known Member

Hey guys- you can use the code JULYSF10 for this next month.

On the subject of marking down package values on customs forms- we just can't do it. It's definitely a bummer to get hit with customs fees, but it's illegal to mess with the form.

11. Gagno905

Gagno905 Well-Known Member

Just wanted to say thanks to Need Supply co for their excellent customer service on my recent order. I placed an order for a bag and a pair of shoes for my girlfriend. The orders were combined to save shipping and it arrived quickly.

A piece of one of the shoes fell off the moment they were tried on. I emailed Need Supply about this about they gave me some amazing options on how to proceed. I honestly didn't expect such a great response. Long story short I am a fully satisfied customer and very happy they're an SF affiliate.

Keep it up folks.

12. domokoon

domokoon New Member

Is there going to be a code for August anytime soon? Was gona make an order and realised that the code does not work anymore. Thanks in advance.

13. dux

dux Well-Known Member

yea, any code for august?! would really appreciate it! making a huge order! cheers!

14. ChrisNeedSupply

ChrisNeedSupply Well-Known Member

UGUSTSF is the new code guys.

15. Joffrey

Joffrey Well-Known Member

Um, I really don't think the patterns for their codes change all that much...

16. dux

dux Well-Known Member

Man, I've just had the most screwed up order ever....

ordered a pair of Japan Blue X momotaro Skinny vintage model on Thursday. The pictures at the time showed indigo warp and weft. (which is what I wanted)

On Friday, the site updates the Skinny vintage model with new pictures of a different jean.

Furthermore, the pair that I ordered is now relabelled with Skinny Deep Blue...

on my invoice, it says skinny vintage model. pretty sure the wrong pair has been sent out. (accepted by USPS on saturday)

I found out within 10 hours of the updated pictures and emailed them asap, customer service department is not replying, really really annoying...

I'm from Australia, If I return this, i'm gonna have to swallow all that shipping cost....

I'm sure they usually do a very good job, but this is my first time buying from Need supply and I'm just pissed off about the lack of communication

Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
  17. golfham

golfham Well-Known Member

I've only ever bought one thing from NS. They are by far the worst company I have ever dealt with.

I bought some jeans from them last year, and they didn't fit well, so I returned them.

Once they received it, they said they wouldn't refund me anything for some BS reason. Then they said they wouldn't send back the item until I paid for it to be shipped back.

Talk about an awful experience. Maybe this is an isolated issue? I do know I'll never use them again.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  18. johnH123

johnH123 Well-Known Member

What was the 'BS' reason, I'm curious.

19. ff4marvel

ff4marvel Well-Known Member

Any chance of getting more Filson 257 any time soon?

20. golfham

golfham Well-Known Member

their tag was removed from the jeans despite the jeans still being untouched.

edit: though I will say, I did purchase the NS x Rogue Territory trousers (from RT) solely out of my loyalty to Karl and Rogue Territory.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2011