1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Need some help finding a new rectangular gold watch.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Jim Profit, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Jim Profit

Jim Profit Well-Known Member

Im looking for a new dress watch. I would like rectangular gold watch like the Patek Philippe Gondolo. I just love the design of this watch but its out of my price range. Another watch i have found that is nice is the Catier Tank and Longines Dolce Vita. But i dont like the blue stone on the Cartier and the Dolce Vita is just to small.

I have been looking at auctions for a Gondolo in the new design but i can only find the old design and this is just to small. I would prefer a new watch. Do you guys have some tips? Price point up to £5K

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Gauss17

Gauss17 Well-Known Member

I'd take a look at a JLC Reverso in gold if I were you

3. Mute

Mute Well-Known Member

^^^This would be my first choice. I'd also consider either a Cariter Tank Francaise or Tank Americaine.

4. Jim Profit

Jim Profit Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip but im not a big fan of Reverso. Im a big guy and the watch is just to small for me, only 21 mm. The watch should be over 30mm wide.

5. Gauss17

Gauss17 Well-Known Member

The Grande Reverso 976 is 29.9 mm wide, but if you do not like the Reverso, I would take the Patek over a Cartier. While Cartier has made some strides in the horological world, they are more a jewelry house than a watch manufacturer.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015