1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Need shoes advice from esteemed panel.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by dkzzzz, Oct 3, 2006.

1. dkzzzz

dkzzzz Well-Known Member

I need something in wingtip design, but with attitude. Shoes meant to be worn with winter wool pants or jeans casually. I kind of like this model, but would appreciate an advice on where can I get a better quality shoes than pictured:

http://www.onlineshoes.com/productpa...id=60980&fo=rn

Thank you folks.

2. dusty

dusty Well-Known Member

What's your price range? Barker Black is exactly what you want, but they aren't cheap.

3. dkzzzz

dkzzzz Well-Known Member

What's your price range? Barker Black is exactly what you want, but they aren't cheap.

Any links would be appreciated. I would like to stay under $150, but might go over if I realy like the shoes.

4. Arethusa

Arethusa Well-Known Member

Barker Black's a bit more than 150. More like 600-1000.

5. dkzzzz

dkzzzz Well-Known Member

Barker Black's a bit more than 150. More like 600-1000.

Ok, they're out. Any other suggestions?

6. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Well-Known Member

Some AE models might be a good choice - check out the pictures recently posted by drzzzt. Maybe check out GVH and see what appeals. To each his own, but I hate the ones in the link you posted. The bulbous toe looks awful imho, and the drab shit-brown color (of course, may just be how it looks on my monitor) is unappealing.
    What conveys "attitude" to you? I'm not sure what CT's current sale situation is, but you can usually get something there within the budget you have in mind once you apply whatever discounts are in effect. Plus their return policy is great, so you can return the shoes if you don't like them. (Just beware their tricky sizing, about which you can find many posts/threads here.)