1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

need help with matching my suit

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by johnvwafer, Aug 14, 2013.

1. johnvwafer

johnvwafer New Member

i have a friend's wedding coming up soon and am planning on wearing my light grey suit with brown belt and tie. what do you suggest is a good color/pattern combination. i am thinking about white shirt with a paisley patterned tie and if i go along with this pattern i am thinking about getting a white paisley pocket square to match the shirt. if i were to head this direction what color tie should i get? i am also open to any other combination of colors/patterns that would go well with my suit. what do you think?

2. Veremund

Veremund Well-Known Member

Grey suit and white shirt is the ultimate in neutrality. You could wear any colour you like. For a festive daytime occasion in the sunshine, wear something suitable like sky blue or lilac. But it's completely up to you.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  3. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Well-Known Member

The tie probably should be in a festive color, one that is flattering to personal coloring. Wearing two paisley items at a time is virtually unheard of and likely to do more harm than good.

4. Veremund

Veremund Well-Known Member