1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

need denim from japan? or anything else?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by xcoldricex, May 10, 2006.

1. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Well-Known Member

so my wireless connection has mysteriously disappeared. i'm in an internet cafe now- so apologies if i'm even slower to reply- but i already warned about that already since my gf is coming today. so yes. don't hesitate to put in orders/ask questions- they'll just take longer than the usual 1 minute response time [​IMG]

2. beefcake

beefcake Well-Known Member

3. skalogre

skalogre Well-Known Member

4. Geowu

Geowu Well-Known Member

I wonder if these spelling mistakes are intentional... anyone else notice the "desigen only original" leather patch?

5. ruach

ruach Well-Known Member

I was actually just talking to a Japanese friend today about ridiculous spelling on pieces by really quality companies. Lad Musician's "Guitalist" shirt was what I first brought up with him (on today's occassion, anyway. I've brought it up quite a lot.)

His theory is that maybe some companies do this because it is different and recognizable. In Japan it is much easier to spell something really ridiculously and draw attention to it while keeping it acceptable; it wouldn't work quite the same way in an English-speaking country.

My theory was that it's just their plot to keep cool stuff inside Japan by making it look stupid to anyone outside of it.

6. capnpyro

capnpyro Well-Known Member

7. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Well-Known Member

8. horriblyjollyjinx

horriblyjollyjinx Well-Known Member

Studio D'Artisan's prints are sooo weird and funny. I would like to own all of them. I'm trying to decide on just 2, it's hard.
    Dubbleworks also make funny shirts.

I wonder if they know that their prints are completely absurd and hilarious, or if they are really serious about their work?

9. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Well-Known Member

10. Geowu

Geowu Well-Known Member

Maybe it's wabi-sabi.

11. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Well-Known Member

Seriously hilarious!

Seliousry hiralious, too.

12. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Well-Known Member

13. Brian SD

Brian SD Well-Known Member

Reminds me of my vocab sheet I would get every week in Japanese class. The top of the (single) vocab sheet would say, "VOCABURARY SHEETS"

14. tweedlesinpink

tweedlesinpink Well-Known Member

Reminds me of my vocab sheet I would get every week in Japanese class. The top of the (single) vocab sheet would say, "VOCABURARY SHEETS"

Sounds a bit like me and my invisible friend, and his invisible vocabulary sheets. They're the coolest things since denim. [​IMG]

15. Roland

Roland Well-Known Member

Studio D'Artisan's prints are sooo weird and funny. I would like to own all of them.

I feel the same way.

[​IMG]

16. Saucemaster

Saucemaster Well-Known Member

I feel the same way.

[​IMG]

!!!!!!

That may be the awesomest thing I've seen all month.

17. montecristo#4

!!!!!!

That may be the awesomest thing I've seen all month.

Some enterprising entrepreneur on this board ought to take those t-shirt designs and totally pirate them, effectively doing to the Japanese repros what they are doing to the original American brands, and thereby creating a new, even super-cooler class of streetwear that is trendy, sophisticated, exotic, and ironic all at the same time.

BTW -- just thinking of this -- is that design mocking Americans? I think it is!

18. rnrswitch

rnrswitch Well-Known Member

Some enterprising entrepreneur on this board ought to take those t-shirt designs and totally pirate them, effectively doing to the Japanese repros what they are doing to the original American brands, and thereby creating a new, even super-cooler class of streetwear that is trendy, sophisticated, exotic, and ironic all at the same time.

BTW -- just thinking of this -- is that design mocking Americans? I think it is!

I hope so.

19. capnpyro

capnpyro Well-Known Member

I feel the same way.

[​IMG]

Oh sweet crap, I would of gotten that one had I seen it. That's beautifully retarded.

20. montecristo#4

I hope so.

It is pretty funny. Of course, if we printed a design mocking Japanese in a similar stereotypical way, it wouldn't go over too well.