1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Ndg style, quality, price

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by hankwx, Jul 29, 2009.

1. podpod

podpod Well-Known Member

Wow that NDG field coat looks great, although I wonder if it'll be warm enough for the weather in Vancouver. We got some a lot more snow last year than usual and the weather drops down low at times. I checked out some NDGxW+H collab stuff (hoodies and cardigans) at Roden Gray, the hoodies especially look top notch. It's a heavy cotton hoodie that's very thick and stitched together great. The shawl cardigans look phenomenal as well but they are quite expensive, leaving a big dent in my wallet. Anyway, the NDGxW+H stuff is a for sure check out and cop, especially if you're in need of a warm winter hoodie.

2. hankwx

hankwx Well-Known Member

Has anyone try on their wool blazer this season? Is the cut short and slim? thanks.

yes it's slim, but it's not cut that short...

Wow that NDG field coat looks great, although I wonder if it'll be warm enough for the weather in Vancouver. We got some a lot more snow last year than usual and the weather drops down low at times. I checked out some NDGxW+H collab stuff (hoodies and cardigans) at Roden Gray, the hoodies especially look top notch. It's a heavy cotton hoodie that's very thick and stitched together great. The shawl cardigans look phenomenal as well but they are quite expensive, leaving a big dent in my wallet. Anyway, the NDGxW+H stuff is a for sure check out and cop, especially if you're in need of a warm winter hoodie.

the wool great coat is thin actually.

3. DCU

DCU Well-Known Member

Any firsthand experiences with this jacket?

[​IMG]

I'm thinking about getting this as my jacket for the fall months...

4. false

false Well-Known Member

Any firsthand experiences with this jacket?

[​IMG]

I'm thinking about getting this as my jacket for the fall months...

I don't know much but be careful to look around at some other shots on other sites. I thought it looked great in that one picture but when I found some other fit pics on retailer sites I thought it was really bland.

5. hankwx

hankwx Well-Known Member

I don't know much but be careful to look around at some other shots on other sites. I thought it looked great in that one picture but when I found some other fit pics on retailer sites I thought it was really bland.

the jacket is uncomfortable. the outer fabric feels like sand paper. me no likey~! all other pieces in the collection are great.

can someone back me up on this? anyone bought the khaki parka and likes it?

6. hankwx

hankwx Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] FW09 field jacket... [​IMG]

7. michaelp123

michaelp123 Well-Known Member

FW09 field jacket... [​IMG]
    That is a great jacket! I want. Mind sharing how much that set you back? How heavy is the lining?

8. michaelp123

michaelp123 Well-Known Member

That is a great jacket! I want. Mind sharing how much that set you back? How heavy is the lining?

Just got back from NdG store in NYC.. and now I have. FYI, I'm a 38R, medium fits me perfect. Jacket has very slim cut, high arm holes and a thinish lining. $660, a bit pricey.

9. hankwx

hankwx Well-Known Member

Just got back from NdG store in NYC.. and now I have. FYI, I'm a 38R, medium fits me perfect. Jacket has very slim cut, high arm holes and a thinish lining. $660, a bit pricey.

[​IMG] its awesome isnt it...[​IMG]

10. hankwx

hankwx Well-Known Member

any news from fellow members?

11. poly800rock

poly800rock Well-Known Member

feel like they lowered prices this year

12. dawit

dawit Well-Known Member

What's the sizing Great Coat? Im a a "bigger" M, should go with M or try L?

13. chomeo

chomeo Well-Known Member

can someone back me up on this? anyone bought the khaki parka and likes it?

i bought that parka in black and returned it. the fit was too boxy and stiff for me. Those front buttons were also hard to button up. I ended up getting the Krane Emory bomber and recommend that over the NDG.

14. Chip

Chip Well-Known Member

They've got their annual 70% off sale going on right now.

15. mellowfellow

mellowfellow Well-Known Member

^ yup. Picked up a sweater. They still have a fair amout of stocks left in shirts and cardigans.

16. 4saken

4saken Well-Known Member

^ What kind of knits did they have left in medium-ish sizes (guess this means large in ndg terms)?
    Might have to pay a proxy to pick some stuff up.

17. mellowfellow

chunky shawl cardigan in S and L. It's beautiful and the price is great. They also have those zip up cardigans in S, M and L.

18. Fallen Angels

Fallen Angels Well-Known Member

hey mellowfellow, would you know how those zip up cardigans fit? do they fit somewhat small?

19. mellowfellow

yeah, fits small. size up. I fit a medium in those zip up cardigans and I am a small/xs in other brands (apc, jcrew, ervell).

20. Chip

Chip Well-Known Member

I've been emailing about the chunky shawl collar but they told me it was sold out in sz small. [​IMG] ( I've got a few other things on hold too Mellow: when were you there last? Proxy??