1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

This Mavs vs Bulls game has a finals like intensity to it. Fucking love the nba. Didn't think it would get better but I've actually enjoyed nba more and more as I've aged. Even without a playoff team to root for a lot of great compelling matchups and storylines this year to keep me engaged

2 people like this.
  2. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Well-Known Member

Love it when Rose just jumps all over 7 foot trees in the paint. :slayer:

2 people like this.
  3. indesertum

indesertum Well-Known Member

nba this year is the most fun i can remember in a long time. so glad all these not major market teams are doing well and the classic teams are sucking.

sincerely hoping for a hawks warriors finals, but id be happy with zards and raptors making it out of the east and memphis, okc, and maybe clips making it out of the west.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
    2 people like this.
  4. Brothersport

Brothersport Well-Known Member

sup guys, just got back from watching the hawks win their 15th in a row tonight, beating okc.

thoughts: atlanta's offense is so great. they have so many weapons, none elite, but all you have to be aware of. there's just so much motion, and a ton of passing, it literally seems like someone is open on every single play. atl-okc was tied-ish going into the half (korver dunk!!) but they missed a bunch of bunnies in the 1st half, then they pulled away.

okc's offense was a bit gross. i laughed soooo freaking hard at waiters, who played 1-on-1 to the tune of maybe 3 contested 2s and a wiiiiild contested layup, and it seems like reggie jackson, more often than not, doesn't have any chemistry w/ anyone on the team. durant was honestly not involved enough tonight, and he did a poor job of making sure he had the ball. he wasn't interested in rebounding or defense either (0 rebs in the 1st half), and then he just started jacking 3s when he touched the ball, and ended up 8-22.

oh, and i'm proud of this: early in the 4th they were down 10, and they had russ and kd both on the bench, w/ a lineup of reggie/dion/morrow/ibaka/perk. i immediately pointed out how freaking dumb this was, they scored 3 pts in a total of 2.5 minutes, and i came home to find haralabob complaining about the same thing.

look-at-me-i-have-glasses-so-i'm-smart tiny-liam-neeson scott brooks gotta go.

1 person likes this.
  5. Brothersport

oh, and then i watched the end of the suns-rockets, w/ dwight out. apparently the suns had outscored the rockets 25-9 w/ 6 min remaining in the 4th. i picked it up w/ the suns down 6 w/ 90 secs left, and they proceeded to tie the game up by hitting a 3, two 3-pt plays, and another 2 (it was crazy), while the rockets didn't screw up and only missed 1 free throw the whole time. then harden got the ball back tied w/ 15 secs. they double-teamed him. edit: it's really funny that nba play-by-play just shortens it to marc morris and mark morris.

2 people like this.
  6. Brothersport

2 people like this.
  7. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

reminded me of this shot:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

8. UnFacconable

UnFacconable Well-Known Member

Watching Klay's 3rd right now. Just wow. For the game 52 points on 25 shots in 32 minutes.

9. NaTionS

NaTionS Well-Known Member

They need to check the ball Klay Thompson was shooting with. Is it inflated properly?

1 person likes this.
  10. UnFacconable

UnFacconable Well-Known Member

What's crazy is that he really did it in like 9 min. The announcers were celebrating when he had 19 in the quarter with 3 min left but he was just half way there.

11. flyindarkness

flyindarkness Well-Known Member

That Klay Thompson 3rd quarter was abso-fucking-lutely bonkers,
    After 2 straight 3s, he heat checks about 3 feet beyond the arc, sinks it.
    I was pretty happy when he made 4 3s in a row, and then he proceeded to not miss at all.
    After 6 or 7 straight 3s, I knew it was something special and everything he throws up will be going in.

3 people like this.
  12. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Well-Known Member

^ Thompson was unbelievable!

:uhoh:

:uhoh: wtf is this?

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  13. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

That was sick. He was launching shots regardless of who was near him.

1 person likes this.
  14. Texasmade

Texasmade Well-Known Member

Curry padding his assists!

15. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

thats actually the first stat i looked at after seeing klays outburst. and to be honest im a little underwhelmed that curry had only 11 assists. the klay from last year was typically a catch and shot player but this year he is doing a much better job of creating his own shot using 2-3 dribbles. klay has turned into the baby-faced beast!

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  16. indesertum

I don't think he was called for anything. It also appears the baseline ref is watching something else on court at the wrong moment. But the sideline ref should've called something

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  17. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

i counted three travels in that clip

18. indesertum

He also goes out of bounds

19. Brothersport

jazz have signed elijah millsap to a multiyear deal! this is truly the golden age for brothers in the nba. justin/jrue holiday, paul/elijah millsap, mason/miles plumlee, markieff/marcus morris, tyler/cody zeller, marc/pau, bropez/fropez, is that all? i think little hansbrough and little teague and little curry aren't in the league currently, but all have played.

edit: dragic's little brother is on the suns but he hasn't played enough to count. i think greek freak's brother is in the dleague?

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  20. ballmouse

ballmouse Well-Known Member

Klay Thompson has a brother in the D-League.