1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. foodguy

foodguy Well-Known Member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    just for the record: the clips record today is exactly the same it was last year at this point in teh season. they've been disappointing, but mainly because this year they had real expectations while last year people were still waiting for them to prove themselves. replacing collison with farmar has not worked out. the guy is riding an unbelievable cold streak and just can't seem to adjust to the system (which is the same complaint PJ had against him 4-5 years ago). arrogant kid has turned into an arrogant adult.

2. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Very long read...

1 person likes this.
  3. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Yah their record definitely seems worse because of higher expectations (many analyst picked the as the next champs) and really they are suppose to improve not stay the same.

I think another factor is their standing, I am not 100% sure where they were at the exact same time last year but I think they were better than 6th place? Many definitely expected them to be #1 or #2 in the West this year and they really haven't even come close and early unexpected lost to the Kings and blow-outs against the Dubs, Bulls and Grizz really made people doubt them even further.

4. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.
  5. UnFacconable

UnFacconable Well-Known Member

I haven't been paying enough attn to Swaggy. What a great article. Even though he's a laker he is now probably my favorite personality in the NBA. I hope he continues to shoot 37% and get paid $$$ by the lagoons.

6. Texasmade

Texasmade Well-Known Member

I have no idea how Tristan could turn down that contract. I don't think he's going to get anything near that amount even with the increase in cap the next few years.

7. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

Shit agent?

Kobe is probably going to get shut down. I read Byron Scott said it would happen when they are out of playoff contention. After extended rest and a 3-19 shooting game, they shouldn't wait. Poor guy wants his body to do things it just can't anymore, it must be very frustrating for him, but he needs to face reality and retire.

Related, this sitting guys for games to rest is becoming endemic. Not sure how to criticize it, so I guess I'll jump on the 'fans are paying money' angle. Dirk and Hortford are both sitting tonight. Seems like if you're being paid millions and you're healthy, you play. Pussy-ball if you ask me.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
  8. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Lakers are already out of the playoffs. :lol:

9. indesertum

indesertum Well-Known Member

Some pretty good barbs. Does he write/think of it themselves?

10. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Well-Known Member

It would seem so. :nodding:

11. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

Nikola looks like a man possessed out there. For every impressive play he quickly negates with some erratic pass or wild shot.

Dude has a little hero ball in him I can't say I dislike it though dude is fun to watch

12. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

I happened to glance at Danny Green's season stats and this guy doesn't get much press but is an elite fantasy player. True above average contributions in all nine traditional categories and one elite skill (3's) - he's the kind of guy you see in the player rankings with second or third round value and you go wtf, that has to be a mistake.

He's probably not a free agent in any of your leagues but whoever has him is pretty happy right now. He might not have even been drafted

2 people like this.
  13. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

There are a group of dudes like this, though Green is higher on that list. Matt Barnes, Thabo years back, Patrick Patterson, and Harrison Barnes is becoming one of them. It's these guys that shoot a decent %, get a steal and block per game and low turnovers. They do help a fantasy team.

Problem with Green is he gets starved of minutes.

14. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

Danny so good he has a Danny lite version of him: pj tucker

15. indesertum

indesertum Well-Known Member

i drafted the two greens. i wanted to draft all three greens, but price was too high for jeff

also danny has started for almost all his games. it's just that all spurs play less than 30 minutes and will occasionally sit a game out if they played like triple overtime or something (or multiple times in a row)

he doesnt get a lot of press, but he's really crucial to spurs. he's really really good at getting blocks on transition defense. i love watching him defending two people on a fast break. he has this knack for knowing how much to defend the ball handler and then quickly switching to the other guy.

the four value guys i wanted to draft were draymond, danny, markieff (who is also having an amazing season), and JR. good thing i didnt get JR and markieff was so expensive but in hindsight definitely worth the price

also another surprise guy this year besides butler is darren collison

16. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

reminds me of jameer nelson from his prime magic years. super efficient player, solid percetanges and limited tos

17. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.
  18. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Well-Known Member

^ Someone's gotta take the mantle now that the Heatles are no more.

19. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

Lol who was that? Suspected lance but he had a front row seat to the performance

Edit - pj on the flop radar

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
  20. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

Rivers traded to LAC. Nice to have an NBA dad. If he was anyone else, he'd be Greek league fodder.