1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. thekunk07

thekunk07 Well-Known Member

went to nets cavs for my son's birthday, sat 3rd row. got lebron and waiters and varejao to sign. when kyrie saw my son in a lebron jersey he wouldn't sign and threw his hat back lol. waiters was the nicest guy ever took pics with my son and signed a bunch of stuff.
    anderson was super nice too.

love is a cock, walked past everyone, only player who wouldn't sign. i'll be going a lot next year just secured season tickets in section 15 which is about 12 feet off the court and where the players come out.

seems lebron can turn it on when he needs to but doesn't play in sport mode the whole game anymore. he is thinner but still big. love looks downright anorexic. love also hit about 40 straight 3s at shoot around.

1 person likes this.
  2. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

You guys sat close to the royal couple? What does Kate look like in person?

3. thekunk07

we were on other side by cavs bench but i got a pretty good look. she looks like an average to pretty typical british chick in her early 30s. not like stop you in your tracks pretty or anything. the prince's bald spot is like manu x 2

1 person likes this.
  4. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Well-Known Member

:lol:

1 person likes this.
  5. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

6. Brothersport

Brothersport Well-Known Member

this list is kinda interesting. this is from a lawyer who watches the nba as his spare job. he watches a ton though...follow him on twitter and he's watching tons of games, even uta-mil or w/e.

Top 10 Prospects (23 yo and under) of the NBA, otherwise rephased as "Which players 23 or under (as of February 1, 2015) would you most want to have for the rest of their career?"
    Based on: age, certainty, position

Tier 1: Anthony Davis (21 yo)
    Tier 2: Kyrie (22), Jabari (19), Kawhi (22)
    Tier 3: Giannis (20), Drummond (21)
    Tier 4: Beal (21), Exum (19)
    Tier 5: Rudy Gobert!! (22), Embiid (20)
    Honorable mentions: Favors (23), Valanciunas (22), Mirotic (23)
    Others: Wiggins (19), Tobias Harris (22), Marcus Smart (20), Nerlens (20), MCW (22), Shabazz Muhammad (22), Oladipo (22), Steven Adams (21)

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/the-top-10-prospects-in-the-nba/, by Nate Duncan

My thoughts: holy crap Derrick Favors is only 23? I feel like he's been around for 7 years. This guy is also super low on Wiggins, saying his game looks "mechanical." I haven't watched him enough to have any input. It's interesting how much more value offense gets than defense, though. Anthony Davis is currently about as good on O than D, i'd say (D potential is limitless though), and Kyrie and Jabari obviously have defensive limitations. I have to say I kind of don't think Drummond is ever going to realize his potential. He lacks great defensive instincts and who knows if he's ever going to be even Tyson Chandler on offense.

1 person likes this.
  7. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Lakers taking care of the Queens just like the good 'ol days!

8. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

9. thekunk07

Wiggins is really passive from what I've seen doesn't look special

10. diadem

diadem Well-Known Member

Drummond is an absolutely shitty free-throw shooter...like, worse than Shaq. That's one of the most glaring weaknesses in his game and one of the easiest to fix. I don't understand why big men don't work on their FT shooting more...

11. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

I wonder that too. How can guys like Deandre Jordan and Reggie Evans not spend more time on this? It would make a huge different to their value as players.

Jordan is shooting 38% on the season. I mean, some guys shoot better contested 3 % than that. Its a joke.

12. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Well-Known Member

Beal and wall are going to blossom under the tutelage of emeritus professor Paul pierce in advanced degree courses such as old man game, how to troll opposing teams star player into on court flame war, the face of rape (et. al. RFX45 :happy: ), clutch shots, how to survive/it's best to avoid off court violence.

3 people like this.
  13. Neo_Version 7

Enter Slim Reaper in 2016

1 person likes this.
  14. Neo_Version 7

Report: Carmelo Anthony told Tim Hardaway Jr. ‘he was going to beat him up’

Uhhh.......

2 people like this.
  15. Brothersport

you guys keep talkin bout ft% like it's so easy to fix and there just isn't very much evidence to support that. if, like ed, you're only talking about them trying underhand shots, that might or might not work, but otherwise it's not something that people can generally just improve on w/ practice.

These are supposedly the only players who have had a 10% increase in history (via): [​IMG]

Plus they obviously do work on it, all the time (http://www.latimes.com/sports/sport...eandre-jordan-free-throws-20141016-story.html), but that doesn't always manifest on the court. It's obviously a mental thing as well. Remember when the Lakers showed practice ft% and Dwight hit >80%?

The best part about this is Hardaway yelling at one of the great small forward rebounders to grab a rebound when his 6'6 (Phil says he's 6'8) body is basically allergic to them himself.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
  16. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

also consider the # of Fts they take. drummond is a low volume ft shooter. griffin on the other hand can really hurt his team if he starts missing them. didnt he improve significantly?

17. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Maybe Timmy told Melo that his wife tasted like Cap'n Crunch?

1 person likes this.
  18. Brothersport

blake's always been a high-volume guy but oddly he declined after his rookie year from 64.2% to 52.1%. since then he's improved consistently, to 66% to 71.% to 73.8% this year. i don't know what it means that he dipped so far down but it's interesting. fwiw he shot 59% in college.

contrast that to drummond who shot 30% in college and 37% as a rookie (to 42% to 47% this year) and deandre who shot 44% in college and 38.5% as a rookie...it's a pretty giant difference.

19. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

that box comparing ft% is wonky. i dont understand how they determined to measure columns "1st of years" and "last # of yrs". some players like ron seikaly (ive lost my virginity since i last heard of Ronny) are measured 1, 18 respectively, while tyson is measured 8, 5 odd.

what really strikes me is the inconsistency in ft % from year to year compared to FG%. weve talked about duncan before

[​IMG]

and here are griffins numbers

[​IMG]

and drummonds including this year so far

[​IMG]

drummonds % are shit but he just doesnt shoot enough of them. shaq on the other hand could have been averaging 3-4 points more a game over the course of his career if he could get it up to 68%

Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
  20. diadem

diadem Well-Known Member

Quote: I meant that in relation to other aspects of the game, free-throw shooting is easier to improve upon, which might not seem to be the case once I've looked at the numbers... I'm not going to argue with the stats, but that's just mind-boggling that FT% is so hard to improve. You're literally stepping up to the line and performing the same motion over and over. Logic would dictate that it becomes muscle memory after a certain point. These guys must be mentally shitting their pants whenever they get to the line or something...Whatever, I stand corrected...