1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

I think so too. Homecoming to PG county

2. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Well-Known Member

No more "if the Wizards score over 100 points and win" you get 50% off your pizza deals....

1 person likes this.
  3. diadem

diadem Well-Known Member

Anyone watching the Blue vs. White showcase tonight? It's like the All-Star Game, but players will actually be trying. D-Rose has apparently been tearing up USAB training camp so far. Good to see him playing like his old self again.

4. indesertum

indesertum Well-Known Member

supposedly plumlee will make the team over cousins...

5. diadem

diadem Well-Known Member

If so, it's because Cousins is a 6'11" baby with a shitty attitude. Dude is much too talented to be carrying himself like that.

6. indesertum

indesertum Well-Known Member

from i understand plumlee is actually just owning it and cousins hasn't even acted out or anything

7. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Well-Known Member

Still think Rose playing at all this summer is a bad idea but him making the team would be the best case scenario at this point. I was reading about his shitty inner circle compounded with how much he just wants play makes this whole ordeal a little more understandable.

8. wojt

wojt Well-Known Member

well recently ive seen some Cheeks games and he seems like Westbrook of 80s:happy: (well okay maybe he jacks up a bit less stupid shots)

I agree with you that Josh is better playing 4, he creates mismatches because he is faster than most PFs
    while he can guard them all. On 3 spot he neither has the shot or the handles to be really effective.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  9. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Where is it showing?

10. diadem

diadem Well-Known Member

9:00 pm EST on ESPN.

11. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind having Derrick Rose on the World Cup team...we need him seeing how all these "committed" stars have pussied out (Blake gets a pass because of broken vertebrae....the rest of you are yellow bellied unamerican bitches)

12. diadem

diadem Well-Known Member

D-Rose with the backscratcher dunk. Sick.

13. edmorel

edmorel Well-Known Member

I'm happy for Rose and I hope he stays healthy all year but I don't understand these guys that have had leg/foot injuries, they come back and they start flying out of the gym, dunking all over the place. I get that he probably feels like he has to show people what he can do but there is nothing wrong with a layup. You look at some of these guys that play late into their careers (Ray Allen, Jason Kidd etc) and they would rarely, if ever (in Kidds case) monster dunk. Maybe LawrenceMD can give a professional opinion here because I am just guessing but I think that coming down from a dunk is a bit more stressful than coming down from a layup.

14. Tried and True

Tried and True Well-Known Member

You forget what a special player Rose was. Out of sight, out of mind.

15. diadem

diadem Well-Known Member

Ughh Paul George...:(

16. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

At first I thought it was just a sprain but it look like he it break something.

Damn, really hate to see that happen to anyone.

17. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Just saw the pic, OMG!

Damn that is a career ender.

[​IMG]

18. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

Circa Shaun Livingston

19. UnFacconable

UnFacconable Well-Known Member

Don't disagree with you here. And it's not for lack of athleticism that some of these guys weren't dunking - I know that Kidd in particular was throwing it down in 7th grade. I suppose some of it is to set the tone or fire up the crowd, or perhaps to make sponsors happy.

20. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Different actually, Livingstons a knee cap dislocation while Georges looks likes it snapped right in the middle.

Not sure which ones easier to recover from but I figure the bone snapping in half is worse.

1 person likes this.