1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. diadem

diadem Well-Known Member

2. Texasmade

Texasmade Well-Known Member

Former Rocket and HoF player Calvin Murphy said it was true. He was the one that started the rumor.

3. indesertum

indesertum Well-Known Member

I said it was baseless not that it wasn't true. There's no evidence either way and it's just idiotic idle gossip. Calvin Murphy can say whatever the fuck he wants. Doesn't make it true. Was Calvin Murphy even in Cleveland? How would he know? And what does it matter anyways

4. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Well-Known Member

Yeah, guys, knock it off. There's no place for rumor mongering in the NBA.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
  5. ethanm

ethanm Well-Known Member

Indesertum is totally white knighting Delonte West right now.

1 person likes this.
  6. foodguy

foodguy Well-Known Member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement

he's not white, he's spanish. :stirpot:

7. indesertum

I just think it's stupid delontes career went down the drain because of rumors and gossip and bad impressions even though he was a great player on court. I remember when espn analysts were making fun of him for going off on meds with that bike incident. Inexcusable

8. wojt

wojt Well-Known Member

I liked Delonte :(

9. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Well-Known Member

You and Gloria have something in common

1 person likes this.
  10. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Well-Known Member

But he's in the Hall of Fame!

11. Texasmade

Texasmade Well-Known Member

He was also at one point the record holder for most consecutive free throws made and highest FT percentage in a single season. I think he's still the current NBA record holder of most kids by multiple women with a confirmed 14 kids with 9 women.

12. thekunk07

thekunk07 Well-Known Member

well sean kemp still has a lot of good years ahead of him

1 person likes this.
  13. diadem

diadem Well-Known Member

Quote:Touche, good sir, although, I view crossovers and pump fakes differently. If you're pump faking in the post, you've probably picked up your dribble already, so your options are to either put up a shot, pivot some more, or pass. You're much easier to guard in this situation. Crossovers, especially when you string 2 or 3 of them together like Wroten did, are much harder to defend because there are just too many outcomes to consider (drive to your left, drive to your right, sidestep left/right into a jump shot, stepback jumper, etc.). So yeah, I respect crossovers a little more.

1 person likes this.
  14. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

Speaking of speculation, how do you know any of this caused his meltdown?

This right here gives him all the credibility i require on the Lebron mom plugging story.

15. indesertum

It didn't cause his meltdown. It caused teams to not want to take him for fear of drama even though the drama was made up by media.

16. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

Ryan Anderson at the local 24 hour gym. Yeeeee

17. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

wasn't Delonte eventually diagnosed as manic depressive, that's why all the weird behavior?

18. indesertum

during that the cavs with lebron period he was feeling really depressed so went to see a psychiatrist. he told the psychiatrist that he occasionally practices like crazy past midnight and the doctor told him he suspected manic depressive. he's seen a few more psychiatrists since then and he's said that he feels that he was actually undergoing a temporary bout of depression and that he normally practices like crazy

the bike with guns incident happened when they were having a bbq at his house for a nephew's birthday or something. his mom found the guns in the house and told delonte to move it. so delonte left with the guns in a bag on his bike to put it away in another house. the cops caught him for speeding or something and he confessed just to get everything out in the open to the cops that he had guns. the media found out and now he's a crazy person with guns speeding on a bike, probably drunk and high, fucking teammates women, and not taking his meds.

19. wojt

wojt Well-Known Member

On the otherhand I feel his bagage from cavs was why he was signed with Celtics for the second time :p don't know why he vanished once again later. I thought he actually played good with celts.