1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Yeah playoffs been great so far, even the blowout and not so exciting games like Pacers/Hawks are interesting and still got me hyped because the Pacers might actually lose. 1st seed losing to 8th.

Who I really feel bad for is Al Jefferson, dudes been a beast and have been hindered by injury his whole career (from Timberwolves to the Jazz) and now he has another chance and he gets hurt again. He is Bobcats only hope against the Heat.

2. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

This. And his lineups last night were weak. Derek Fisher again. No Lamb or Adams, Jones. Give these guys a few minutes... I mean give the guys a chance to spark something.

3. indesertum

indesertum Well-Known Member

i really do hope blake develops a three point shot. holy shit that would be awesome

deandre has terrible free throw form i don't understand why he doesn't ask anybody to help him fix it

4. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Well-Known Member

Jermain O'Neal has the best free throw

1 person likes this.
  5. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

I disagree, his form is pretty damn good, most actually wonder why he is so bad at free throws considering his follow through is solid.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  6. wojt

wojt Well-Known Member

yeah ever since Chuck Hayes uncovered the secrets of the free throw shooting

7. foodguy

foodguy Well-Known Member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    it's funny, with most of the really bad free throw shooters i can remember -- shaq, dwight, etc. -- there was something distinctly wrong in their motion. DJ seems to be able to shoot badly despite doing everything right. i remember one analyst talking about how it was actually harder for big guys to shoot free throws because their hands are so large that it's hard for them to hold the ball right. let's see where he is next year.

1 person likes this.
  8. wojt

wojt Well-Known Member

he could as well try under hand shot, it won't be any worse :)
    Rick Barry lead NBA FT% with that shot, but than again Rick Barry was a good shooter

9. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Well-Known Member

Not sure if he counts as a big but I always thought Duncan had an odd free throw. It just kinda zips to the basket, no arc or anything

10. edmorel

edmorel Well-Known Member

forgot who but one of the old timers said that he guarantees any of these bad FT shooters (Howard etc) that he'll teach them to shoot it underhand and they will not shoot worse than 70%. Underhand is actually really easy for anyone, once you get used to it and these guys would probably shoot FT's in the 80's but I'm sure its seen as "gay" and they would not do it.

I think Clyde Frazier shot them that way, he was a career 80% FT shooter but as he regularly says on Knicks broadcasts, today's players are about style over substance. Don't block the shot to a teammate, send it flying 10 rows into the crowd.

1 person likes this.
  11. wojt

wojt Well-Known Member

his form is good but his shots are always so flat
    I guess it's because he is tall and his shot always needed less arc, kinda like Yao but Yao still had better arc even though he was taller.
    Dirk is great, he has great arc/rotation on his shot, like a guard. I guess when you are tall you are tempted to shot it a bit flat, because you can.

12. foodguy

i always thought that's what shaq should do. he supposedly had something wrong with his wrist, which made it less flexible. always looked like he was shot-putting it up. he worked with a ft coach one year and actually started shooting better. then he decided he didn't need coaching anymore and reverted to mean.

13. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

i pray he doesn't get fired, lest we get barraged with cheesy news article titles

14. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Well-Known Member

come on NAMOR... YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT.

15. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

"...And what do we like about this young MD? Well, two things. One: he always gets deep penetration. Okay? And two: he knows how to finish" i think i heard hubie say that once

16. wojt

wojt Well-Known Member

never liked hubie

JVG, Steve Kerr, Doug Collins all more insightful and better to listen

1 person likes this.
  17. foodguy

liked collins' commentary, but his voice always sounds whiny.

1 person likes this.
  18. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

19. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

Can't stand Hubie either. So ponderous.

20. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Well-Known Member

I think that was his problem as the Sixers' coach. He certainly had good things to say, but no one wanted to listen to it after a while.