1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. edmorel

edmorel Well-Known Member

No one on the Knicks wonders why teams (Clips/OKC/Denver) that have fared much better (and are smarter) then them are so interested in Shumpert. In poker they say, when you don't know who the sucker in the room is, it is you.

Woodson will still play Smith more minutes than Hardaway, Hardway needs a lot of work to develop his defensive game to a mediocre level and Woodson will not shy away from detroying him the minute he makes a mistake. Woodson is not a coach for young players.

I am happy for Beno going to Denver. Jordan Hamilton, welcome to hell !!!!

2. ethanm

ethanm Well-Known Member

Everything I'm seeing is that Hamilton went to Houston for Aaron Brooks [​IMG]

3. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

4. edmorel

Oh well, sorry Beno!

5. NorCal

NorCal Well-Known Member

Gotta say I'm pretty happy with the move by the Dubs. A solid vet who knows how to play and what his game is all about is exactly what the Dubs needed.

6. indesertum

indesertum Well-Known Member

i just want dubs to get to conference finals. lose to okc and okc beats heats. pacers barely lose to heats and they come to win it next year

7. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Well-Known Member

Heat don't three-peat. That's the hope.

8. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Dubs let Jordan Crawford go though, I thought they were desperate for some bench scoring?

This is also why I don't think they should have let Jack go or Landry, I forget though if they were asking for too much money but they took a big hit losing those guys.

Trade deadline was very un-eventful though.

9. edmorel

Philly got Granger, thats probably the biggest deal.

10. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

For Evan Turner, that was a late report so i didn't see it.

Not sure how Evan could help the Pacers though with Stephenson there but I guess they are just trying to get rid of Granger huge contract?

11. edmorel

That is what it sounds like and Stephenson is a free agent this year I think so if they can't sign him, they have Turner as plan B.

12. skitlets

skitlets Well-Known Member

Very uneventful trade deadline, with Granger and Turner the most exciting.

Good pick up by the Dubs. Offense is horrendous without Curry on the floor and having a true backup PG will definitely help.

I'm going to miss Bazemore's antics on the sideline. =( He's the only NBA player I've met in person and he was super nice.

13. indesertum

It's sad tho I remember when pacers were debating on granger vs George

I don't understand why sixers are stacking second round picks. Looks like they just ended up with 5 more

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
  14. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

In NBA 2k you could trade 3 of those for a third round pick. Any chance of that happening in real life? :laugh:

Pacers obviously made the right choice with PG but not so long ago it wasn't obvious at all. What happened to Granger anyway? Seems like he got injured or something and just never came back fully. And none of it seemed to have been reported on.

He also seems to completely lack confidence out there now, and I'm sure that's part of it. He was pretty much Paul George with a little less playmaking but better 3-pt shooting

15. ethanm

ethanm Well-Known Member

Westbrook must go to the same health clinic as Adrian Peterson.

And by that I mean they both took PEDs to recover from injuries.

16. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Grangers confidence is low because this is what, his 3rd of 4th year that he comes back from injury but the prior years he just kept re-injuring himself? It's also hard to stay sharp if you only play practice games or ride bikes to keep in shape, it just isn't the same with an actual NBA game. This is one of the fears with DRose, he was already reluctant to jump and drive when he returned earlier this year and he ends up getting hurt again so that is just a major blow to a waning confidence he has with his body.

17. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm with you on that but there still has to be something else going on. Returning all stars should still be productive. Granger has been borderline unplayable

18. indesertum

Wow Paul George is only earning $3 mill this year. Timofey mozgov makes more than him ($4.4 mill)

19. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Well-Known Member

What is it with GS and their penchant for keeping games so close in the final seconds? holy crap

20. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

Hold on a second...did I just read that the Lakers traded for Kent Bazemore?! So he and Robert Sacre are now on the same bench??

That product might be more entertaining than whatever the Lakers actually have on the floor