1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

Raptors will win the title this year

Just the thought of it makes me feel dirty

Remarkable how well that Rudy gay trade worked out. Raptors are a different team; one of the hottest in the league having beaten pacers, okc, dal. The trade has also worked for the kings: Isaiah and Demarcus are both putting better numbers alongside gay, Isaiah now has all the minutes he can handle and mature into a top PG, and best of all we still suck continue to suck in the western conference while at least making it competitive. Love the western conference where you can play better and grow as a team, still get your asses kicked and possibly end up with good lottery pick.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  2. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Well-Known Member

No wonder they're suffering so many injuries when they're constantly getting beaten up like this:

[VIDEO]http://www.nba.com/video/channels/originals/2014/01/02/bballops-jodie-meeks-flop.nba [/VIDEO]

;)

1 person likes this.
  3. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

4. foodguy

foodguy Well-Known Member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    and the guy's not even european.

5. NorCal

NorCal Well-Known Member

Dub dub dub dub DUBS!!!

1 person likes this.
  6. diadem

diadem Well-Known Member

Tell me about it. I'm from his hometown of Plainsboro, NJ. He went to my high school for a year before he transferred to Solebury and then St. Joe's. Dude was the pride of our town, but he was always a bit of a weird one. You would see him during lunchtime trading Pokémon cards with all the nerds in the cafeteria. From what I've heard, he reads novels by Tolstoy, as well. He seems like a bit of a renaissance man, but then you see that crazy hairstyle and then you just think he's a schizophrenic. I feel really bad about his injury history and I hope he can come back and play at a high level, but if it's not the knee that's stopping him, it's his maturity...

In other news, Iso-Joe doing his thing again.

[​IMG]

7. Texasmade

Texasmade Well-Known Member

Seriously!? That's awesome. Everytime I see Bynum he's always struck me as a guy who played because he was tall and good at it and not because he particularly enjoyed it.

8. foodguy

+1, but FTFY

9. jet

jet Well-Known Member

10. skitlets

skitlets Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. NorCal

NorCal Well-Known Member

Dub dub dub dub dub . . . .

12. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

Pencil Steph Curry in as starting G for the USMNT for the foreseeable future. The dude's game is tailor made for the international game, at a totally different level

13. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Well-Known Member

then again so does carmelo anthony :lol:

its like the euro's are mesmerized at carmelo's iso ball ability (the euro leagues have that super body up defense where bigmen will just pass out for a less difficult shot - hence the passing) but melo will use his ass and body to create space.

damn the celtics traded for bayless, in a two pronged trade (got rid of one of the last remaining bad contracts in David Lee and also got some probable PG help). I don't know how much under the salary cap Danny Ainge wants to be next year, but it might get to the point where you have to start overpaying players to make the salary minimum.

maybe it means that they are going to sign rondo to a max contract? most likely not... they are probably going to trade him before february. I'm super curious to see what they can get for rondo if they do trade him.

14. edmorel

edmorel Well-Known Member

While no one was looking, the Knicks almost swept their Texas trip.

15. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

16. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Clips would be crazy to trade Griffin for Anthony, Blake is much younger and still hasn't reached his ceiling while Melo is maxed out and likely on the decline? Melo probably has a good 5 years left while Griffin still has 10 in him easy and he is not even at his peak.

Blakes been making his jumpshots now and are improving immensely on the foul line, he still needs a go to post move but he is expanding it and he has got to be top 10 (if not top 5) of the best passing big men in the game today.

At this point with the Knicks and Lakers tanking, I'd really wouldn't even mind a Melo and Pau swap. I don't know, at least the Lakers could still use Melo for the next 3-5 years and transition Kobe to Melo while Pau will seem useless after this year, he just isn't the same and both players could probably use a change of scenery at this point. I don't even like Melo like that but right now, I am not sure what else the Lakers could do or get for Pau that will help Kobe.

I'd try and trade Nash now too, it's evident dude likely won't be much help anyways.

Just thinking out loud on my part but since the Lakers are sucking right now, I wouldn't mind that experiment a la Dwight I guess.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
  17. NorCal

NorCal Well-Known Member

Why on Earth would the Knicks trade Melo for Gasol?

18. foodguy

blake for carmelo should be unthinkable. but we are talking about the clippers.
    and, come to think of it, that's the same thing i thought of the gasol-bynum rumors. but now that we've got jimmy buss at the helm ....

19. NorCal

NorCal Well-Known Member

I don't know, Gasol is buried on the bench and almost certainly won't be back. Saving 20 mil and furthering your riggin for Wiggn is not the worst option.