1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. thats.mana

thats.mana Well-Known Member

2. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Do you think maybe there could be a seperate thread for the fantasy league? It kind of craps up and buries the more general discussion.

I don't think a different thread is different, once the season starts going I think most fantasy talk will be at a minimum since we can communicate through there too. Unless you guys want to talk about fantasy basketball in general in case you have another league and need help but I don't think there would be enough interest through the whole SF, I am not sure there are plenty of other people here who plays Fantasy basketball. We already have a hard time getting 10 people to participate.

We currently have 8 players, if we get two more to sign up or get to 12 max, I'll lower the bench to 3 and then make the max moves per week to 3.

3. Steve B.

Steve B. Well-Known Member

I don't think a different thread is different, once the season starts going I think most fantasy talk will be at a minimum since we can communicate through there too. Unless you guys want to talk about fantasy basketball in general in case you have another league and need help but I don't think there would be enough interest through the whole SF, I am not sure there are plenty of other people here who plays Fantasy basketball. We already have a hard time getting 10 people to participate.

We currently have 8 players, if we get two more to sign up or get to 12 max, I'll lower the bench to 3 and then make the max moves per week to 3.

Sounds like fun!

4. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Not a good start....

5. i wear shooes

i wear shooes Well-Known Member

They will be fine without Boozer for 2 months..
    Still top 3 team in the East without him.

6. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

No way are they top 3 without him. Top 3 in the East are easily Miami, Orland and Boston even with Boozer on the Bulls roster.

7. dannewguy

dannewguy Member

I like how everyone counts out the Rockets or they're not even considered a top contender.

I know Yao's coming back from a major injury but we have the most rounded team and so much depth.

I think this year, Houston gets to at least the Western Finals...

8. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

I counted them out because I read an article that Yao might not play anymore but now that he is healthy, they have a a fighting chance. Lakers got the West on lock though so...

9. sexandcandy

sexandcandy Well-Known Member

anyone else want to join fantasy? my friend (also a SF member) wants to join but we need even numbers

10. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

We only have 8 in our current fantasy league, we could use 2-4 more players if you guys want to join.

11. mikey34

mikey34 Well-Known Member

Lol at the bulls being a top 3 team in the East, let alone without Booz. They would be happy to be considered the 4th best with him.

And everyone counts out the rockets because their best players are consistenly hurt year in and year out. They missed the playoffs completely last season, and their best player is coming back from a major injury who is projected to play half the game at most this season. the west is wide open outside of the Lakers, but I would still take Dallas, OKC, Portland, and a few other teams over the Rockets and I'm an Adelman and K-Mart fan being from Sac and I even like Yao a lot. And what is this depth you talk about? Lowry? Brad Miller? Lee? That's nothing to brag about.

12. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

TTN Kobe: Telling everyone in the league that your knee is only 60% - Bad idea. Telling all of the fans that your knee is only 60% - Hope you're heavily invested in pharmaceutical companies because we're all officially nervous.

13. jet

jet Well-Known Member

Lakers baby Lakers

14. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Kobe will be fine. 60% Kobe > 98% of the league.

15. Steve B.

I like how everyone counts out the Rockets or they're not even considered a top contender.

I know Yao's coming back from a major injury but we have the most rounded team and so much depth.

I think this year, Houston gets to at least the Western Finals...

Yao will play 20 games.

Lol at the bulls being a top 3 team in the East, let alone without Booz. They would be happy to be considered the 4th best with him.

And everyone counts out the rockets because their best players are consistenly hurt year in and year out. They missed the playoffs completely last season, and their best player is coming back from a major injury who is projected to play half the game at most this season. the west is wide open outside of the Lakers, but I would still take Dallas, OKC, Portland, and a few other teams over the Rockets and I'm an Adelman and K-Mart fan being from Sac and I even like Yao a lot. And what is this depth you talk about? Lowry? Brad Miller? Lee? That's nothing to brag about.

^ This

Lakers baby Lakers

Are you a parrot or one of Jack Nicholson's love children?

16. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Here's something that even Steve could agree with when it comes to Kobe:
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

On other news, apparently DWade sprained his hamstring in their first pre-season game tonight.

17. embowafa

embowafa Well-Known Member

On other news, apparently DWade sprained his hamstring in their first pre-season game tonight.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. jet

jet Well-Known Member

Here's something that even Steve could agree with when it comes to Kobe:
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. On other news, apparently DWade sprained his hamstring in their first pre-season game tonight.

Aww that's terrible. 3-peat baby

19. Steve B.

Aww that's terrible.

3-peat baby

Not without Shaq.

20. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

On a sad note, dumbass Bynum will be out for 2 months and knowing him, he'll be back by playoff time. I guess it's a good way to develop Caracter. Mitch needs to package Bynum and Walton for some serviceable big.
    Yes without Shaq.
    FTFY!