1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Well-Known Member

I'm starting to think he's retarded.

no, seriously. ive been suspicious of that since 2009 playoffs against orlando (im sure there were more incidences earlier but i didnt really follow his press conferences) when he had that one press conf after the 2nd game of the series where he made the last second 3-pter to win the game. (which was a desperate shot that went in luckily for them, otherwise they would have been swept)

he says :" yeah..the clock was like faave...foour...dreee...dooo...one...Eeererehgngh!!.. " etc
    all along making strange facial expressions between the numbers and let out a squaking "eereehneng!!" to signify the buzzer, and he was oblivious to the fact that he just obtained a lucky game from a team that they are not able to match up with. he didnt seem to see anything beyond what he just did. i would have thought he would have been able to say " god , lucky shot that went in and we're fortunate for that, but we have to have a handle on this orlando team. we need to make serious adjustments" or something of that nature. but he never talks that way. he's always only seeing 2 inches in front of him and retorts at to what happens 2 inches in front of him.[​IMG]

2. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Well-Known Member

no, seriously. ive been suspicious of that since 2009 playoffs against orlando (im sure there were more incidences earlier but i didnt really follow his press conferences) when he had that one press conf after the 2nd game of the series where he made the last second 3-pter to win the game. (which was a desperate shot that went in luckily for them, otherwise they would have been swept)

he says :" yeah..the clock was like faave...foour...dreee...dooo...one...Eeererehgngh!!.. " etc
    all along making strange facial expressions between the numbers and let out a squaking "eereehneng!!" to signify the buzzer, and he was oblivious to the fact that he just obtained a lucky game from a team that they are not able to match up with. he didnt seem to see anything beyond what he just did. i would have thought he would have been able to say " god , lucky shot that went in and we're fortunate for that, but we have to have a handle on this orlando team. we need to make serious adjustments" or something of that nature. but he never talks that way. he's always only seeing 2 inches in front of him and retorts at to what happens 2 inches in front of him.[​IMG]

he obviously has serious social issues, he was able to hide it in cleveland but once he uttered the phrase "i'm going to take my talents to south beach" he was exposed as being extremely dim

3. sho'nuff

he obviously has serious social issues, he was able to hide it in cleveland but once he uttered the phrase "i'm going to take my talents to south beach" he was exposed as being extremely dim

definitely, but give him credit for creating that phrase that has become an iconic catch phrase of 2010 ..people say it all the time now at the office or wherever[​IMG]

4. embowafa

embowafa Well-Known Member

definitely, but give him credit for creating that phrase that has become an iconic catch phrase of 2010 ..people say it all the time now at the office or wherever[​IMG]

Hey guiz...BRB...I'm gonna take my talents to south beach...

[​IMG]

5. foodguy

foodguy Well-Known Member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement

if you've ever been around a big-time college basketball program, it's a wonder that every player doesn't sound like that. they get recruited regardless of gpa, they take courses in recreation management, they're largely kept sequestered from the rest of the campus, and the usually only spend 2 years to begin with. it's a farce.
    anyway, return to your original programming.

6. sexandcandy

sexandcandy Well-Known Member

that's why i have the utmost respect for athletes like shane battier and nnamdi asomugha who get their degrees and have plans for real jobs after sports.

7. foodguy

foodguy Well-Known Member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    and my boy pau gasol who speaks like 7 languages and reads better books than i do.

8. sexandcandy

Interesting read about the Magic's win streak.
    http://www.magicbasketball.net/2011/...reak-revisited

Notably:

9. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

I must say, I am surprised by Magics success after the trade. I still question their defense against other powerhouse teams though like the Spurs, Lakers, Heat, Mavs (when healthy with Dirk), etc... Their win against Boston seemed like a fluke to me but I give them credit for the win so I'll leave out the Celtics from that list.

10. sho'nuff

what's the reason why suns dont want to keep a good center like gortat in their team? i dont get this i didnt really look into it.

11. BDC2823

BDC2823 Well-Known Member

what's the reason why suns dont want to keep a good center like gortat in their team? i dont get this i didnt really look into it.
    I haven't been keeping up much but they let him go? It could be a money issue.

12. sho'nuff

I haven't been keeping up much but they let him go? It could be a money issue.

no not yet, but there is always talk about how suns are loading up so they can have a fire sale later, and gortat's name is always in the mix for pawns to trade for the new team of the future.

13. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

I think it's because teams actually want Gortat, like the Mavs offered him a good amount and the Magic matched. He is a good hustle player but I think the Suns are looking to remake the whole team, they are even considering trading Nash now as well. I think they know that they won't win anytime soon so it is the perfect time to rebuild.

14. sexandcandy

I must say, I am surprised by Magics success after the trade. I still question their defense against other powerhouse teams though like the Spurs, Lakers, Heat, Mavs (when healthy with Dirk), etc... Their win against Boston seemed like a fluke to me but I give them credit for the win so I'll leave out the Celtics from that list.

They beat the Spurs too.

15. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Fuck yeah, Clips win over the Heat!

Lebron is right though, Karma is a bitch. Heat lost and he sprained his ankle.

16. jet

jet Well-Known Member

sup hroi

LA baby LA

17. embowafa

Nice, Clips. Not gonna lie, even with a 20 point lead, I thought they were gonna pull a "Clippers" and blow it.

Mamba and LO went off in 4Q

18. embowafa

Apparently, he thinks WE are retarded...

19. sexandcandy

2 great GREAT games by the LA teams.

20. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

sup hroi

LA baby LA

Ummm...the heat beat themselves? No one really cares about the regular season? I'm not worried? Did I get everything? [​IMG]

I didn't see the game but it looked like the Clips led from start to finish and didn't choke this time. Nice win. I wish they'd trade Baron and just run out Bledsoe/Gordon/Aminu/Blake/Kaman or Jordan out there every night. Let the kids jell as a team and follow the Thunder's recipe.

Oh, and who else thinks Sterling is inevitably going to fuck this up by alienating or refusing to extend this core once they hit free agency?