1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Well-Known Member

Newly-minted Heat fan here. Nothing douchier than being a LeBron James (soon-to-be GOAT) and Heat fan.

2. indesertum

indesertum Well-Known Member

i dunno about goat. still hasn't beaten wilt chamberlain or mj. pretty much not going to.

3. edinatlanta

:rolleyes:

Call me back when he needs to use both hands for all his rings.

4. indesertum

that's also not going to happen. he's definitely not getting a ring this year. and if okc doesn't blow up their team, probably hardly ever

5. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

this

you already are at the pinacle of douchiness, this doesnt really change anything.

hes trollin ya bro.

1 person likes this.
  6. thinman

thinman Well-Known Member

Not so fast! Haven't you noticed that "dynasties" have a way of imploding before they get off the ground? OKC hasn't even won a single championship yet. Though I'll be rooting for OKC, I have to give Miami the edge this year because of their experience. I predict Miami in seven, though, as I said, I'll be rooting hard for OKC.

7. indesertum

miami is definitely the underdog here. okc has home court advantage and while the big 4 don't have finals experience, perkins and fish have lots. also okc has a big 4 vs a big 3. pretty much everybody on okc can nail the jumper consistently, whereas on the heats everybody but bosh is streaky. and heats really lack in the front court area. their center is 6' 8 and the tallest guy on their team (bosh) is mad skinny with not enough strength to post up okc's front court. durant and lebron were neck and neck this season but durant seems to be more consistent.

celtics might not have had an answer for lebron, but okc has more than enough

okc in 6. everybody wins at home

i think it's going to be a great series tho. let's just hope lebron and wade show up

Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
  8. in stitches

its 2/3/2. okc in 6 requires a win in miami. :)

+1

1 person likes this.
  9. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Well-Known Member

10. indesertum

oh shoot i forgot the finals format is different. wait even in the non finals okc would require a win in miami for 6. lol

i wonder why it's different

11. edinatlanta

Dude, they haven't won anything yet and more importantly, this Chesapeake Energy stuff seems to suggest they will run out of cash like, tomorrow.

1 person likes this.
  12. indesertum

13. edinatlanta

:fence:

14. jet

jet Well-Known Member

Problem with this thread is it will now attract all the dickbags of sf since it's the finals (not saying you in particular but ya).

15. edinatlanta

Let it be known that I am supporting the Heat and LeBron just so that I can be a dickbag.

16. jet

jet Well-Known Member

Alright kids have fun playing tough guy on the internet I gotta go to work and smoke a cigar afterwards.

17. ribkin

ribkin Well-Known Member

Who? Thabo Sefolosha/Chewbacca ...? Remains to be seen...

OKC haven't faced a gritty defensive team, I think OKC have the edge overall but ever so slightly, and only because of momentum .... Westbrook, remember, is not exactly gun shy... on some nights he's known to outshoot even KD, and his temperament and erratic play may be an issue... I can already envision possessions where the Heat play excellent D until there's like 2 seconds on the shot clock and KD effortlessly launches a shot from near half court and banks it in ;

Pretty sure Heat are capable of stealing one or two on the road, they've won in much more hostile environments such as Boston, Chicago ...

As for all this OKC dynasty talk... call me crazy but before the playoffs started I ranked the Grizzlies as the least favorable matchup for the Heat out of all the West contenders... Z Bo and Marc Gasol inside with elite perimeter defenders like Gay, Allen and Conley ... plus they get to the line a lot... I remember during the regular season, Heat played them and had no answers, nothing seemed to work ...

18. indesertum

they have big men on the inside to take away drives (ibaka on the weakside is amazing) and durant and thabo are pretty good, lengthy defenders, quick enough to guard lebron.

also westbrook does that pull up jumper a lot in semi transition that is pretty effective and difficult to guard and he's been much more efficient this season than in the past

also okc has a better record at home than the bulls or the celtics (34-7 vs 24-9 and 26-7). chesapeake is deafening

:fu: can't wait til tuesday

19. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member

you rang?

I hate the Heat and I hate LeBron and the whole manufactured "going to a contender" bs. I must say that it puts joy in my heart to see you back the Heat, Edina. Because I hope they get some or even all of your fail.

1 person likes this.
  20. in stitches

lol, yes. and im not sure

:( i should have rang earlier. enjoy your cigar.