1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

Heat vs Lakers on Christmas day [​IMG]

2. embowafa

embowafa Well-Known Member

Heat vs Lakers on Christmas day [​IMG]

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

3. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Well you finally got me, man. I wanted to pick up Dooling last night but I thought Jennings was only out 3 games, so I held off. I sleep in and wake up in the afternoon to the news that Jennings is having surgery. Missed out in all my leagues

It felt like a waste, I picked up Rudy Fernandez but then I get the news that Batum is coming back tonight so I had to drop him again. [​IMG]

I'm hating my team right now, a bunch of temporary solutions that are only good for a week or two.

4. jet

jet Well-Known Member

haters gonna hate

[​IMG]

LOL

This can't be true, can it?

5. sexandcandy

sexandcandy Well-Known Member

It felt like a waste, I picked up Rudy Fernandez but then I get the news that Batum is coming back tonight so I had to drop him again. [​IMG]

I'm hating my team right now, a bunch of temporary solutions that are only good for a week or two.

You're in 1st place and haven't gotten any long-term injuries, you'll be fine.

6. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

We need some Blake Griffin highlights in this thread:
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

7. embowafa

It would be a crime against humanity if B Griffin wasn't a part of this year's Slam Dunk Contest.

8. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Well-Known Member

andrew bynum hurt again. dam him.

9. embowafa

andrew bynum hurt again. dam him.

Damn, sho...you scared me!

It's not that bad....

10. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

It would be a crime against humanity if B Griffin wasn't a part of this year's Slam Dunk Contest.

I think he will be since the ASG is in LA but I am not sure what dunk he can do that will be very impressive? Remember Shannon Brown last year? Spectacular dunks in-game but he stunk in the competition. I'm afraid Griffin might just be the same unless he becomes gimmicky like Howard, I know he's supposed to be real funny but he doesn't seem to have the same charisma as Dwight.

11. sho'nuff

Damn, sho...you scared me!

It's not that bad....

it is potentially bad. im hoping for the best, but he cant make any sudden off kilter moves like the two times jump he had for the offensive rebound and put back. he's got to be able to do that. and one or more of those again may just re injure his knee again. i say he takes a full month to two months to rest and just come back after the all star break.

i saw the blake griffin dunk the other night where he grabbed the alley oop and had to hold on to the rim for dear life that one just blew me away.
    however, i dont see blake as the kind of guy who would sit around making up dunk shots for a contest, i think he is just a beast who just wants to go out and play

12. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

I wonder how he did that?
    [​IMG]

13. jet

jet Well-Known Member

We need some Blake Griffin highlights in this thread:

hahahahahahhahaa

and stfu cursing bynum like that fuck

damn blake jeezus

14. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Well-Known Member

I think he will be since the ASG is in LA but I am not sure what dunk he can do that will be very impressive? Remember Shannon Brown last year? Spectacular dunks in-game but he stunk in the competition. I'm afraid Griffin might just be the same unless he becomes gimmicky like Howard, I know he's supposed to be real funny but he doesn't seem to have the same charisma as Dwight.

there must be a situation where he is dressed up like donkey kong and barrels rolling towards him...before he jumps/flips over them then dunks.

[​IMG]

screw the racial implications of being african american and dressing up like a gorilla... all i think about is how he's the human equivalent of Donkey Kong on the basketball court.

15. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

screw the racial implications of being african american and dressing up like a gorilla... all i think about is how he's the human equivalent of Donkey Kong on the basketball court.
    He's trying to squash small Italian men? [​IMG] Unless they were playing the Knicks I can't really see this one.

16. sho'nuff

bynum limpin around. should have traded him. [​IMG]

17. embowafa

losing to bucks definitely sucks, but goddamn, if I don't have a mancrush on Ron Artest:

http://blogs.thescore.com/tbj/2010/1...of-ron-artest/

18. MarkI

MarkI Well-Known Member

Knicks are doing work right now, lets go

19. Steve B.

Steve B. Well-Known Member

it is potentially bad. im hoping for the best, but he cant make any sudden off kilter moves like the two times jump he had for the offensive rebound and put back. he's got to be able to do that. and one or more of those again may just re injure his knee again. i say he takes a full month to two months to rest and just come back after the all star break.

i saw the blake griffin dunk the other night where he grabbed the alley oop and had to hold on to the rim for dear life that one just blew me away.
    however, i dont see blake as the kind of guy who would sit around making up dunk shots for a contest, i think he is just a beast who just wants to go out and play

Yao Bynum. Just traded him for Richard Jefferson.

losing to bucks definitely sucks, but goddamn, if I don't have a mancrush on Ron Artest:

http://blogs.thescore.com/tbj/2010/1...of-ron-artest/

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Well-Known Member

So stoked about the Christmas Day games.