1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. indesertum

indesertum Well-Known Member

too much estrogen in this thread

2. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

too much estrogen in this thread
    +1. This thread needs to die a slow death.

3. NorCal

NorCal Well-Known Member

Lakers move the dial. Here as with the rest of the league. So do the Heat, Celtics, Knicks, Bulls, Mavs and Thunder in about that order. And- total shocker here- the discussion in this thread has been about those teams for the most part. If you've got a good story or a star we'll talk about that as well. (e.g. Melodrama, Dwight)
    I'm a Dubs fan first and always but I don't get mad, the Lakers are the dominant force in the NBA, you can't avoid them.

Feel free to cheer on your Jazz, just don't expect anyone else to care. Unless of course you can make it interesting in which case we'll all care.

4. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Well-Known Member

Exactly. I'm not complaining about Laker talk. That would be stupid. I don't hate anyone for what they talk about. We all talk about what we're interested in. People who are either fans of or who hate the Lakers will naturally talk about them most. I have no issue at all with that, I just don't choose to participate any more than I choose to participate in the SW&D forum. That doesn't mean that I have any hate, it just doesn't interest me.

Once I started seeing playoff conversations in here that I was interested in, I started participating. That's it. In other parts of the forum people welcome new participation. In this thread, certain regular posters engaged me and we had a good conversations. Certain children in the thread just wanted to troll me and...whatever. In the words of LeBron I suppose he'll wake up tomorrow with all of his same problems.

+1 That was all i was trying to say, when jet made the comment that people who didnt participate during the season aren't "real" fans. I took umbrage and decided to challenge his comment, Mark is right why try to talk about other topics when you just get shouted down by laker talok, no offense to laker fans was meant.

5. jet

jet Well-Known Member

Lots of defensive butthurt ass fools in this thread.

6. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Well-Known Member

Lots of defensive butthurt ass fools in this thread.

You always make such insightful and eloquent statements, [​IMG]

7. Fraiche

Fraiche Well-Known Member

Jordan - 6 rings at 35
    Kobe - 5 rings at 32

Lebron is currently 26. He claims he will get 7 rings. If he wins every year from now on, he'll be 33 when he gets his last ring.

Likelihood?

8. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Jordan - 6 rings at 35
    Kobe - 5 rings at 32

Lebron is currently 26. He claims he will get 7 rings. If he wins every year from now on, he'll be 33 when he gets his last ring.

Likelihood?

[​IMG]

9. embowafa

embowafa Well-Known Member

Lakers move the dial. Here as with the rest of the league. So do the Heat, Celtics, Knicks, Bulls, Mavs and Thunder in about that order. And- total shocker here- the discussion in this thread has been about those teams for the most part. If you've got a good story or a star we'll talk about that as well. (e.g. Melodrama, Dwight)
    I'm a Dubs fan first and always but I don't get mad, the Lakers are the dominant force in the NBA, you can't avoid them.

Feel free to cheer on your Jazz, just don't expect anyone else to care. Unless of course you can make it interesting in which case we'll all care.

Well said.

Jordan - 6 rings at 35
    Kobe - 5 rings at 32

Likelihood?

[​IMG]

10. munchausen

munchausen Well-Known Member

Kind of regretting not going to the parade today. Didn't get shit done at work and the parade looks like it was a blast.

11. yjeezle

yjeezle Well-Known Member

Kind of regretting not going to the parade today. Didn't get shit done at work and the parade looks like it was a blast.

it was. getting boxed out by a big black lady? not so much.

12. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

13. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

14. jet

jet Well-Known Member

^good read thanks for posting

15. munchausen

Yeah that's some damn fine sports writing. Not nearly enough of that these days.

16. munchausen

btw, can I get a source on that? I would like to send it to some friends.

17. foodguy

foodguy Well-Known Member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    yeah, i'm kind of sensitive to that. actually, it's pretty bad quoting an entire article rather than a synopsis and a link (bosses do look at page view numbers). but it's really bad quoting an entire article without either the link OR the author's byline. somebody talented put in a lot of hours making that right. let's make sure we credit him.

18. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

I really wish Rubio would just come and play in the nba. I'm tired of occasionally hearing about him, remembering the potential from 3 years ago and wondering. I hope he just makes a 1year run at it. Would be cool if he could do his contract with a clause allowing him to return to Europe after his first season if he wanted. Though he has been far from godlike overseas since the draft anyways from what i hear
    Isn't Rubio coming to the Wolves next season? I read an article maybe a month ago that reported that but now I can't find it anymore

19. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

Isn't Rubio coming to the Wolves next season? I read an article maybe a month ago that reported that but now I can't find it anymore
    He's "talking" to Barcelona now. I think he was just using the Wolves as leverage. Honestly, given the choice of Barcelona or Minnesota, I can't imagine who in their right mind would choose Minnesota.