1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. diadem

diadem Well-Known Member

Thaddeus Young traded to Indiana for the 20th pick in the draft and a future 2nd-rounder. So the Pacers have a core of Jeff Teague, Monta Ellis, Paul George, and Thad Young now. Myles Turner is still young and can develop. That's a pretty decent squad that could make some noise in the East.

3 people like this.
  2. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Well-Known Member

3. diadem

diadem Well-Known Member

Brooklyn on the other hand has a ton of cap space now -- enough for 2 max contracts, although no high-profile FA's are in a hurry to sign with them. The days of Billy King doing whatever the fuck he pleases are gone now. Sean Marks came over from the San Antonio front office, so he most likely knows what he's doing and won't bet the farm on dinosaurs 3 seasons past their prime. Still, though, the Nets will be bad for the foreseeable future.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
  4. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Well-Known Member

I like that Pacers lineup. Bird, obviously, knows what he's doing. Thad seems a bit small at 4, but they could play good team defense and Myles Turner looks like a steal from last year's draft.

5. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm confounding Turner with someone else, but doesn't he suffer from Kevin Willis arms? From what I recall, the guy was pretty rough. Seems 3 years away. Still, Young is a nice pickup and adds to a decent group. It's not going to win the east, though.

6. marvin100

marvin100 Well-Known Member

If that year was 2011, sure

7. Akeem

Akeem Well-Known Member

if Toronto can make it to the conference finals, I don't see why that trio plus porzingis couldn't. the east is garbage.

8. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

Because you have 2 volume shooters on a team together and that won't fly. D Howard is a clown that will never win anything. If I was Porzingis, I'd be freaking out at the shit team forming around me.

1 person likes this.
  9. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

So Ben Simmons already knows the Sixers are taking him? Sorry Ben, but I am now hoping you're a bust. Nothing personal , we just need true last vestiges of this fucking Process to fail miserably and be buried in the sand

10. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

Brandan Ingram to the Lakers. I hope he sucks.

11. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

and who the fuck is Jaylen Brown?

12. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

this is the best year to not have a draft pick

13. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

Marquese Chriss to Sacramento. What kind of bizarre name is that? With a name that awful, you would think he'd catch a break in the draft.

14. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Well-Known Member

Vibe in Philadelphia is finally extremely positive. It's a shame Hinkie won't be able to bask in any glory should this work out over the next couple of years. A lot is predicated on Embiid's health, but Ben Simmons, Okafor, and next year's Kings pick should be a solid core. Noel is B+ if one focuses on defense. There are probably a million other picks I'm forgetting. Saric I don't see coming this year, because he'll wait for more money.

15. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

16. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

Ilyasova ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

This is a lie. Unless the Thunder are looking to establish a flock of albatrosses in the region...

If it's true, then Oladipo is a decent pickup so they can drop that shit player Dion Waiters.

17. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

so the Thunder are still chasing the answer at SG :lol:

sorry, i know the Harden trade references got old two years ago, but i still can't help myself. so they get Dipo for the player they could have let walk to keep Harden.

and Sabonis....i got excited when i read the last name and YESSSS!!! son of Arvydas!

18. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Well-Known Member

Good trade for the thunder with the emergence of Adams

19. indesertum

indesertum Well-Known Member

and kanter. provides post ups and threes, just not the defense which adams can cover

20. NorCal

NorCal Well-Known Member

I love me some Sabonis. I'm now a Thunder fan for that reason alone.

Seems like a really solid trade for the Thunder.