1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Well-Known Member

it was and can continue to be a genius move by lebron to goad green into doing outlandish taunting/dick taps/etc to get that suspension. green and everyone knew all it would take is one more flagrant or some more technicals. its not like he serves his time and it starts a blank slate, green can be instigated to it again and get a quick suspension again.

2. indesertum

indesertum Well-Known Member

I don't particularly care about this conversation anymore

But if you're honestly asking when I was watching it live I thought the swipe was intentional but he wasn't aiming for nuts

Anyways I was a little bit relieved basketball season didn't end already. I just hope Bogut is ok

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
  3. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Well-Known Member

hey I cheered for Kevin Garnett and Rondo and Pierce. those three did all sorts of total asshattery things on the court. I'll totally own up to garnett being a douche on the court, but he was my douche!

its weird how a lot of Golden State fans can't see how Green didn't deserve what he got. I remember when KG dick tapped Channing Frye and it was hilarious because it was such an asshole move, but the celtics were making a furious comeback that game partly because KG and co were laying down the defense, getting physical, taunting, and getting into their heads, then again I wouldn't of been all up and arms if KG was suspended, because he's been doing dirty shit like that his whole career, just as green has been taunting the shit out of other players a la KG this whole season.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
  4. indesertum

I don't care about this anymore. What do I know about basketball. I'm just a fair weather fan that's excited for a second ring

5. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

You care about it. You're just saying you don't because people are disagreeing. The shot and it's landing spot were both intentional just like it was on Adams.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  6. marvin100

marvin100 Well-Known Member

No--I'm honestly asking if when you see the replays, with the benefit of all the available evidence you have, you still think the "swipe" was unintentional.

7. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

Bogut out 6-8 weeks

Guess we'll see lots of small ball

8. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Well-Known Member

TWDraymondS

9. ballmouse

ballmouse Well-Known Member

In last year's Finals, he played fewer than 3 minutes combined over games 4-6. I'll be surprised if it's a big loss, especially now that they have Varejao and a slightly better McAdoo.

10. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Well-Known Member

This has probably been done to death, but is it possible that the Cavs are better against GSW when Love plays little if any minutes?

On a related note, what exactly happened to Love in this transition from Minnesota to Cleveland? I remember he was sort of a bulky brawler under the net, but now he strikes me as a quirky finesse player. Maybe I missed something in between.

11. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

There's no doubt in my mind. Tristan Thompson is a far superior PnR defender and is about the same rebounder. As ball dominant as Kyrie and Lebron are, Love's offensive talents can't be used enough to overcome the defensive deficiency

12. hendrix

hendrix Well-Known Member

Bogut is quite a big loss, isn't he?

13. double00

double00 Well-Known Member

defensively he's a solid shot blocker and rim protector but his real strength is offense: he can basically run point from inside the key just a tremendous passer, he can set screens (his absence is essentially why the w's offense faltered during the second half of game 5), not the best rebounder but he'll clean up a lot of plays, so his albeit limited minutes will be missed yes.

2 people like this.
  14. ballmouse

ballmouse Well-Known Member

^ That sounds like exactly what Varejao does on offense.

15. indesertum

varejao isn't as good of a passer, he can't pop out very well for a jumper, and he's too slow to roll to the hoop. he sets good screens tho and is big and tall enough to get offensive rebounds. on defense, he doesn't deter shots, can't really defend the post well, and is too slow to chase dudes around perimeters. but at least he gets rebounds

So no. Like I said I think the swipe was intentional just don't think he was intentionally aiming for the nuts

16. double00

double00 Well-Known Member

Varejao is assholes and elbows with a Jheri curl and a flopping machine.

17. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

3 people like this.
  18. jet

jet Well-Known Member

Why is lebron such a little bitch? I mean he's the biggest and strongest dudes on the court. I loved the interview when a guy asked him about his flopping and he was stuttering trying to find an answer saying he doesn't flop, doesn't know what that is, etc when his teammate hit him and he slid 50 feet.

19. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Well-Known Member

So... LeBron spazzed out because Draymond called him a bitch? I've heard worse at the pick up games at my 24 hour fitness.

I wonder what the NBA version of talking shit is these days if 'bitch' is off limits.

20. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

"You're not a max guy"?

1 person likes this.