1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. NorCal

NorCal Well-Known Member

Anyway. Go Dubs. Picture perfect win.

2. marvin100

marvin100 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I should have qualified my comment more carefully. I definitely will not be judging people who choose to continue using the r-bomb; I just have an unpleasant reaction to it. Not your problem, to be clear.

3. jet

jet Well-Known Member

My god the city moniker is so insufferable. Thunder should have closed them out but I think warriors will win out this series and Lebronze will make The Decision Pt 2.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  4. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Well-Known Member

"I've decided to take my talents to the Los Angeles......"

5. kissmyjazz

kissmyjazz Well-Known Member

Los Angeles would be the perfect place for vain and aging star to finish his career

2 people like this.
  6. ballmouse

ballmouse Well-Known Member

If the series goes fewer than 6 games, would it then be wrong to say that the Blatt firing was not justified?

7. Neo_Version 7

Might as well throw in how Cavs with Kyrie and Love are a lesser team than LBJ only Cavs. lol

8. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Cavs just couldn't do switches on defense, if they can't make that adjustment then this series is as good as over.

9. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Well-Known Member

it's all Lebrons fault anyway. he engineered the kevin love trade, blatt firing, Tristan overpay most front office moves.

it'll be hilarious when he forces a Carmelo and/or chris Paul trade and that teams liabilities end up exposes as well.

that being said, I want Lebron to win at least 4 maybe 5 chips. he's been the best player for the last decade, and his game is awesome, it's just he gets in his own way like a female romantic comedy character yearning for love.

yup I said it. Lebron is the NBA's Anne Hathaway

10. Neo_Version 7

More than Larry Legend?? You dishonor the good name of the Celtics and New England as a whole.

11. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

Cleveland doesn't have a "big 3". They have 1 star and 2 guys not meeting expectations. Kyrie looks less useful to me every time I watch him. Love is a rich man's Mike Dunleavy.

Beyond the Cavs, this modern basketball with a stream of 3-pointers from 4 guys pinned to the corners while a ballhog runs off screens is getting to be an eyesore.

12. NorCal

NorCal Well-Known Member

Nah, no need to qualify your statement at all, any snark of mine was not directed at you. Its a perfectly reasonable request on your part.

13. NorCal

NorCal Well-Known Member

Its almost like success in one arena does not guarantee success in another. Wiggins would look pretty good right now . . .

14. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

I agree about Wiggins. I also feel that there was general acknowledgement that he would have been the better option than Love because of his talent, youth and potential.

But they needed to sign Lebron, who was in win-now mode, and didn't want to wait for Wiggins to develop, so they mortgaged their future. I wouldn't be surprised if Lebron presented himself and Love as a package deal

15. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Well-Known Member

So taking all of these conclusions we've thrown out here as true, maybe the question is less whether the Blatt firing was a mistake and more shouldn't the talking heads shut the fuck up about what a transcendent basketball savant is in addition to being an amazing athlete? The genius "win now" strategy isn't necessarily to build the team that will have the easiest possible time winning your conference, but anticipating what it will take the win the Finals. This is pretty clearly what the Popovich Spurs do, what the Jerry West-run Lakers used to to, etc.

16. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Had Wiggins stayed though, do you guys think he would have developed as much as he did playing next to Lebron and Kyrie?

Plus wasn't Wiggins one of the worst high-volume shooters outside the paint at some point this year? He was third right behind Lebron and Kobe iirc.

I also thought Love did well yesterday in first 3 quarters, even defended Curry well on switches. You guys really think Wiggins would be better in place of Love today?

17. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

Not today. I agree with that. But I don't know if Love is a huge upgrade either. But yeah, he probably wouldn't be scoring as much or be trusted with as many critical plays. Was more talking about the full term of each guy's potential tenure with the Cavs.

Also, we're not sure if the strategy failed, either. The Cavs win on Sunday and everything looks good again. They win the chip and everyone involved is a genius. Lebron didn't win his first year in Miami either

18. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

Kerr overpowers clipboard

19. jet

jet Well-Known Member

Would be hilarious if lebron goes 2-5 in the finals, du just isn't a killer so he'll never be on jordan or kobes level.

20. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Well-Known Member

the weird part is that having lebron pretty much guarantees finals appearance as well as finals heartache.