1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Well-Known Member

2. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Well-Known Member

3. indesertum

indesertum Well-Known Member

lebron looked gassed until blatt took him out

woah didn't know cavs have only been to the finals twice

Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
  4. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

As was postulated here earlier, fatigue taking hold. The Cavs has a shot until the middle of the 4th. Cleveland just can't get a basket when they really, really need it. It was a good game, surprised Mosgov didn't get a bit more run.

5. Neo_Version 7

6. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

how is james jones getting minutes at the expense of a scoring mozgov? jones has been so ineffective on offense, rebounding, defense etc. if matching up and going small means playing james jones, faggeboutit

1 person likes this.
  7. indesertum

I think they think (and it's probably true) that jones is better than mozgov at scampering around and to the 3 point line which is where green is. They used to just leave him out there but seems like this game they decided to take mozgov out just so they can have a body on green

I think it was a pretty decent strategy but green was decent and Lebron got tired. It was really really close until middle of the fourth quarter

8. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

but jones hasnt done shiiiiiiit. all in the hope he can make a 3? yuck. and mosgov was coming off a 28 point game. come on man!

because gsw is going to match up the cavs no matter who the cavs play. mosgov plays away from the basket so green can guard him at center. but atleast mosgov gives you a legitimate rebounding and scoring threat. too many offensive rebounds by gsw and not enought scoring for cavs

9. indesertum

yeah im not sure what the answer is. tbh the mozgov on green strat worked well last game. basically just dare green to shoot anything wide open but doesnt get in the paint.

also that's true they gave up the one big advantage they had, but also they weren't really good at converting the offensive rebounds into points. also they're playing into the warriors hands by pushing the pace with no plodding big

their biggest issue is lebron can't play 48 minutes and cavs lose badly without him. cavs without lebron is like a worse gsw bench

anyways i think lebron deserves finals mvp whether or not this goes to game 7

i heard that curry and klay convinced the front office to hire barbosa after playing against him in the world cup. pretty good decision

2 people like this.
  10. Kid Nickels

1969 was the first NBA finals MVP and only time awarded to member of the losing team. I don't necessarily disagree, but it ain't gonna happen.

11. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

^ lol was about to post that

1969 -- Jerry West, Los Angeles
    Averaged 30.9 points, 3.9 rebounds and 7.5 assists in 18 playoff games as the Lakers lost to the Boston Celtics, 4-3. West has been the only NBA Finals MVP to play for a losing team.

1 person likes this.
  12. Kid Nickels

Can you imagine that series in 7 games? "Epic" is over-used… but shit it must have been just that!

13. double00

double00 Well-Known Member

Ugh, not a personal thing but I'm already sick of hearing/reading this. Did you feel the same way about Allen Iverson when the 76ers got beat by the Lakers in 2001? He actually was the league MVP that year and was the best single player on the court, but there was really no way for AI to win that series...

I don't hate LeBron, but he's not the MVP.

Yes, he's been a fucking maestro on the court but only because he has to. No fault of his, he's got no teammates. I'd make the argument that his approach only even begins to work because he's playing with benchwarmers and D-leaguers. And in any case, I certainly didn't see this LeBron in Miami when he had real starters to work with.

Yes, he's got a lot of heart. But the fact is that he's not good enough this year. The Cavs didn't win game 1 and could have, they barely won game 2. Game 3 he played completely out of his mind, maybe one of the best single Finals performances ever? Game 4 he was on point but clearly run off the floor.

Tonight I saw him holding back, as if he was trying to make sure he had gas for the 4th quarter. I think Van Gundy mentioned it as well. He cannot give less than 100% at any one point and win a game in this series with what he's got around him. The Ws play way too fast and can run up points too quickly for him to operate at 80%. The Ws will win this series, probably in Cleveland. All they need to do is maintain tempo.

It's like Ricky Bobby says: "In this world you got to win to get love. Everybody knows that."

14. Neo_Version 7

I could see a scenario where they would give it to LBJ. Kinda like a consolation prize basically. Twenty-five years from now, we'll be saying "Oh, the 2015 Finals? That's the year LeBron won Finals MVP but still ended up losing."

15. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

Tremendous! The kind of matchup espn dreams are made of

16. indesertum

just because AI didn't get it doesn't mean lebron doesn't deserve it.

he's not a robot. he can't give 100% for 48 minutes and it's pretty obvious that cavs lose when he gets gassed at the end. saving energy seems pretty prudent

17. double00

You didn't address Ricky Bobby.

18. indesertum

cuz it's a dumb argument. winners get championships. MVP awards should go to the most valuable player. lebron is the most valuable player on any team. there's not even a counter proposal.

19. double00

^^^

It's not an argument at all. It's reality. LeBron didn't even finish 2nd in league mvp voting.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
  20. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

^ why he is MVP:

"nba finals cavs team photo"

He is going to set record for most 3-2 in finals. In the past 2 games, he has scored or assisted on like 60% of the teams possession. Just one player. Damn I wish either kyrie or love were healthy

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015