• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nah, Cavs will snatch up all those high draft picks.

I can see them dumping MCW this season or the next.

And Noel will likely be bitching even further in the bench.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

i watch a **** ton of college and if i had to state my opinions based on what I saw:

- jabari should be a multi-time all-star, a 20/8 guy
- wiggins seems like rudy gay with better defense and a little less scoring, think 16/7/5
- mcdermott will mirror wally's career IMO, a few years of starting and getting his 16-20, one monster year for a bad team and a few years of being a more handsome mike miller
- i think embed is the real deal, neither of his injuries are odd and he's very nimble, seems like he will wind up a top5 center for years
- stauskas seems like his ceiling is a rich man's reddick with much worse d
- gordon should be marion with less scoring potential
- smart seems like a bust; shawn respect with an attitude problem
- i think melo will leave and cleanthony early will average 17/7

hope this makes sense I'm pretty drunk

But are any of them alpha?

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I feel like in 3, 4 years they'll be pretty awesome tho. Probably going to get a high draft pick this coming season and the next season too. Who knows maybe this is the beginning of the next okc thunders. Or maybe they just perpetually rebuild

[...]

The worst thing about Philly is there are no veterans to help the youngsters adjust to the nba and provide guidance and the right work ethic. Like Rashard Lewis talked about how ray allen really helped him adjust when he arrived and seeing ray allen arrive early every day for his intense workout helped him develop his own routing and motivated him to work harder. Or kevin durant talked a few times about how all the veterans on his team really guided him and provided him with motivation and work ethic

It's hard to rebuild through draft. I think you're right about veteran leadership. It can easily become dysfunctional environment or can make guys want to jump ships like we see on Wolves now.

Anyway wasn't Philly and Boston supposed to be big markets? It seems to me that players don't want to go there anymore.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah I think the tough part isn't the draft picks it's the building a non dysfunctional team family environment from scratch.

Philly and boston is going to lose for the next few years so players prolly don't want to be a part of that. It'll prolly hurt their contracts and development in the long term

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I know you guys are tired of reading this from me, but I hate to see teams rewarded for tanking. It really ruins the product, especially for those of us who spend a decent amount of money to see games live

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I hate tanking too but I also feel players and coaches don't do it because they want to. It's gotta be tough winning games at the collegiate level to not being good enough or not having good enough teammates to the point where you lose 26 in a row. That's gotta be really discouraging. The whole system just sucks and full of unintended consequences.

More so than ceremonial goodwill gestures I hope silver changes the drafting system and the conference seeding system

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't understand why the Milwaukee Bucks want Jason Kidd so badly and also I don't understand why Jason Kidd wants to go to the Bucks so badly.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't get the Bucks interest. Kidd seems egotistic enough that he thinks a season of coaching where he made the playoffs yet made a fool of himself many times is enough for Prokhorov to give him two jobs that he has no prior experience for (also, that level of talent + veteran player leadership + playing in the East makes playoffs not that impressive).

Seems like Prokhorov told him to GFY so he's scrambling to find another job. Can't explain why the Bucks are interested - they har a promising coach that seems to come with zero baggage and drama

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I know you guys are tired of reading this from me, but I hate to see teams rewarded for tanking. It really ruins the product, especially for those of us who spend a decent amount of money to see games live

thing is they rarely do get rewarded, they mostly suck for prolonged periods of time
I like what Bulls players did when Rose got hurt, they refused to be a lottery team lol. I'll take their struggle over any of the 20-62 teams. But it helps they had experienced players and not rookies, guys like Noah won't be cool with losing a whole season.
I hope they get a good FA now.

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow just struck me, Jackson by getting Calderon made a play to get Pau Gasol in NY. Gasol always wanted to play with Calderon in the NBA but they never had a chance before. And with somehow competent center Melo is less likely to leave 30mil on the table.

edit; i see melo already opted out

Last edited:

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

If you really want to solve the tanking problem, introduce relegation to the league. That **** will stop instantly.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
the new owner of the Bucks is/was JKidd's money manager and the paper's are saying that Bucks mgmt. was impressed with how he turned the season around and how he handled the NYC pressure and got all the diffferent ego's on the team to work together. I don't think he was as bad a coach as his detractors say but I don't think he's as good a coach as the Bucks seem to think. But its not like Larry Drew is going to win any coach of the year awards.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I don't get the Bucks interest. Kidd seems egotistic enough that he thinks a season of coaching where he made the playoffs yet made a fool of himself many times is enough for Prokhorov to give him two jobs that he has no prior experience for (also, that level of talent + veteran player leadership + playing in the East makes playoffs not that impressive).

Seems like Prokhorov told him to GFY so he's scrambling to find another job. Can't explain why the Bucks are interested - they har a promising coach that seems to come with zero baggage and drama

he doesn't know x's and o's, ************* and drives drunk. what's not to like? hopefully the nets get someone competent.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i feel like thunders are a good coach and a three and D guy or two away from a championship but they have like no cap room

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i feel like thunders are a good coach and a three and D guy or two away from a championship but they have like no cap room

I think they need more(about 3more) two-way or offensive minded role players, imo one guy would not save them

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads