1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

I don't think it will be a sweep especially if the Dubs do not close out tonight and gives Irving some time to rest. Didn't the Cavs destroy the Dubs in GSW homecourt in the regular season and the other time when Cavs lost to them Lebron was out?

Now I don't think the Cavs will win but I think they can pull off 2 wins off of Lebrons will alone.

2. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Well-Known Member

And I'd like to see how Steph is at this game. He played okay after the fall but hopefully it doesn't have any residual effects....

3. Brothersport

Brothersport Well-Known Member

warriors in 5 for me.

only chance the cavs have is to at least win 2 of the 1st 3 imo. it seems like the dubs are great at solving teams that initially do well against them.

also i was listening to the nate duncan podcast (great for xs and os, way more on the analytical side) and they were complimenting david blatt a ton. they said he's made a ton of good adjustments (benching miller/marion, playing james jones, playing delly more and thompson a lot) and very few mistakes (timeout). figured since i took shots at him earlier in the playoffs i should mention that.

Last edited: May 27, 2015
  4. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Well yeah Delavedovolovarova is a good choice because he is taking everyone out on the other team :lol:

1 person likes this.
  5. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

Likely yes. Unfortunately they probably won't progress in the off season.

6. skitlets

skitlets Well-Known Member

let's go warriors!

1 person likes this.
  7. Brothersport

lol klay just picked up his 5th w/ 9 min left in the 3rd on a hack of a driving harden. harden made sure to point him out as the culprit.

warriors fans heated about calls when their players are hacking howard and harden left and right. not the refs faults youre foul-prone tonight. they've actually missed some calls a couple calls on gsw too.

hahaha as i type this the refs gave harden a drawn charge on D when it shoulda been a block.

8. Neo_Version 7

Loved this. Classic Harden. I half-expected him to pull out the "cooking" celebration.

1 person likes this.
  9. Texasmade

Texasmade Well-Known Member

Lol. I wish he would do that. Rockets should just go full heel and troll everyone even more.

10. Brothersport

hah, rockets are def the heels. everyone hates dwight and he is giving this game his all but he's picked up a potentially suspendible tech and he's straight yelling at his teammates 2x/quarter.

the team is amazing tho. literally every time the warriors make a highlight play to get the crowd into it the rockets make one right back. harden is having the worst game ever and somehow jason terry is keeping them in it.

11. Brothersport

omfg terry broke the FUCK out of curry's ankles and harden has 11 turnovers who is this "harden" guy give the ball to the dude w/ the LOB tattooed on his bicep

12. Neo_Version 7

Three quarters in, and Curry isn't making his typical shots (aside from that one-on-one with Dwight which was great!). WTF Klay

13. Texasmade

Klay needs to go through the concussion protocol.

14. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

Harden picked the worst possible time to have the worst game i've seen him play in a Rockets uniform. but all will be forgiven if he can heat up and pull something out of his ass in these last 6 (momentum is completely on the other side though)

15. Neo_Version 7

Oracle = CenturyLink Field of the NBA???

16. Texasmade

Klay takes a knee to the temple but doesn't need to go through concussion protocol because it's an ear laceration? Wtf!?

It's good to know that football isn't the only sport where potential concussions get overlooked when it's the Playoffs.

17. Neo_Version 7

Hahahaha I know right???

Dude's brain is leaking and they call it a laceration. Just like Curry's fall resulted in a "contusion"....

1 person likes this.
  18. Texasmade

Love the circular logic being employed right now on Klay right now and Curry last game. We don't need to do the concussion protocol because he didn't suffer a concussion.

19. Neo_Version 7

LOL at the shove by Dwight....you guys might be on to something....that was a heel move. Someone give him a steel chair.

20. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

he got away with one shove (Draymond into a 3-point shooting Ariza) that directly gave his team 3 free throws

and then another elbow/shove where he got away with arguably a flagrant foul while setting a screen for Harden. i also lol'ed when i saw Harden grab Iguodala's shirt and help guide his face into Dwight's elbow

Last edited: May 27, 2015