1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. bob_gnarly

bob_gnarly Well-Known Member

I gots

Derrick Rose
    Brandon Roy
    Brandon Jennings
    Evan Turner

Kevin Durant
    Rashard Lewis
    Lamar Odom
    Thaddeus Young

Yao
    Okur

Ben Gordon
    Marvin Williams
    Jared Dudley

Chase Budinger
    Yi Jianlian
    Ryan Anderson

2. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Well-Known Member

Guards:

Tyreke Evans
    Ginobili
    Baron Davis
    Ray Allen

Fowards:
    Matrix
    Davis West
    Elton Brand
    Wesley Johnson

Center:
    Dwight
    Al Harrington

UTL/Bench:
    Boozer
    DJ Augustin
    Austin Daye
    Amir Johnson
    Jonny Flynn
    Gordon "I look like I'm 13" Hayward

3. Odd Morsel

Odd Morsel Well-Known Member

What is the breakdown? Winner take all? Top 3?

4. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Well-Known Member

The Winning Team:

Kobe Bryant (lol)

irony

5. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

1st:50%

2nd: 30%

3rd: 20%

Assuming everyone pays, it should be:

1st: $120

2nd : $72

3rd: $48

And [​IMG] Steve having Kobe. Want to trade?

6. bdeuce22

i was looking over the roster today. damn these teams are deep. it's going to come down to role players having awesome weeks getting 20-10 for a couple games is what will make or break a week.

7. thats.mana

thats.mana Well-Known Member

I could definitely get rid of a couple of these guys and it seems Varejao, Pietrus, and Oden are hurt. I also think I need more true centers.

Curry
    Stephen Jackson
    mayo
    Morrow
    Turkoglu
    Bosh
    DeMarcus Cousins
    Varejao
    kaman
    shaq

utility/bench
    Artest
    Grant Hill
    Pietrus
    Oden
    Goran Dragic
    C.J Watson

8. sexandcandy

sexandcandy Well-Known Member

no payout for regular season champ?

9. mikey34

mikey34 Well-Known Member

Good suggestion candy, I'm down for putting some of the pot towards a season winner. how much do you guys want to put towards it?

10. thats.mana

thats.mana Well-Known Member

^^How much do uggs cost?

11. Odd Morsel

If anyone wants to try a casual auction league, my boy is looking for a few more managers. These drafts are fun if you've never tried it. Hit me up.

12. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

How does an auction league work? Can't find much info on it and how it differs, also I am feeling a bit too lazy to do an in depth search.

Also, I think we need to see if everyone pays up for the regular wager first before we start thinking about regular season winners prize.

13. bdeuce22

never done one but i think the premise is every week you get $x amount to spend. i think the default is $100. so someone like LBJ or Durant would carry a $20 price tag for that week. Howard might be $19. CP3 $19-18....and so on. Rosters are generally smaller.

What I'm not sure is how you get said player or if you can bid more. there is probably 100 different ways to set up that type of league. it seems like a ton of management. my buddy had one in baseball and it took him almost an entire sunday afternoon figuring shit out.

14. sexandcandy

sexandcandy Well-Known Member

i've only done it for football, so i'll assume it works the same.

you get X amount of money to spend, and you can bid whatever amount you want for whatever player you want. whoever bids the most money gets the player.

15. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

And you win via roto style (most stat points at the end of the season) or H2H style (you go against someone every week and you get points by beating your opponent)?

Sounds interesting but how long is the bidding? Is it always going to be day long or week long that ends every Sunday so you determine which player you get for the next week? It does seem like it might take a lot more time than other leagues since you have to check which teams has the most games the next week and which players you can bid on that is cheap that has been playing well.

16. Odd Morsel

And you win via roto style (most stat points at the end of the season) or H2H style (you go against someone every week and you get points by beating your opponent)?

Sounds interesting but how long is the bidding? Is it always going to be day long or week long that ends every Sunday so you determine which player you get for the next week? It does seem like it might take a lot more time than other leagues since you have to check which teams has the most games the next week and which players you can bid on that is cheap that has been playing well.

Basically you start with a set amount of cash ($200, for example). Then a draft order is determined. Once your turn is up, you have 30 seconds to nominate a player. Then the whole group gets 30 seconds to bid on that player. In essence, it reduces much of the randomness of a standard draft. If you really ant a player, you can get him at a price. Bidding wars can be intense, and you have to think fast because the clock is always ticking down.

Strategies can involve paying 70 bucks for a few 1st rounders you really want, spending 30-40 a player for a more balanced team, or waiting for others to expend their budget then jumping on all those sleepers you wanted while other managers are strapped.

New leagues can implement budgets in regards to waivers and trades. The auction leagues that I've participated in do away with the cash aspect at the conclusion of the draft.

They can be fast and furious and I recommend all fantasy ballers try one at least once.

17. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Oh ok, so it isn't a weekly thing, just a one time draft? BDeuce mentioned you get a certain amount weekly, in which that would mean you'd have an auction every week, which would have been very difficult.

But in the end though a player can have more players than the other or are there a set number that one must have? Like what if you run out of money or you have extra?

18. Odd Morsel

If you go through Yahoo or ESPN, they won't let you run out of money. They will require that you have $1 per player to round out your roster. If you blow your wad early, there's a whole lot of waiting around in the middle rounds.

19. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

So after the draft, it then depends whether it is a H2H or Roto system? The auction is just for the draft and/or picking up fa's and trading?

20. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

should be winner-take-all, i think. remember, you guys are financing a full H&M x Lanvin wardrobe for me this season. ain't got no money to spare for 1st loser and 2nd loser [​IMG]