1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. indesertum

indesertum Well-Known Member

This game holy shit

1 person likes this.
  2. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Well-Known Member

Curry! Headed to OT!

1 person likes this.
  3. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Again, fucking BOX-OUT DRILLS!

Curry is cold blooded though.

1 person likes this.
  4. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Well-Known Member

Can anyone tell me why New Orleans did not intentionally foul Golden State before Curry buried the 3 (I'm talking about the first one he made,, not the buzzer beater)? NO were up at least two possessions with less than 24 seconds on the clock. Why not play the foul game at that point?

1 person likes this.
  5. skitlets

skitlets Well-Known Member

Probably just a brain fart. Couple chances to foul and they didn't.

6. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

:lol: Refs are like, "shit you guys can't rebound so Imma go ahead and help you out".

7. Neo_Version 7

I mean, I understand letting a sub-par offensive team milk the clock but this is GSW we're talking about. Concede the two free throws, you're still up 2, and GSW will have no choice but to foul you back when you get the ball.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
  8. sjmin209

sjmin209 Well-Known Member

Wow--I turned this off with about 10 minutes to go with NO up like 19. What happened?

9. skitlets

What a come back. I'm sure people will be real salty about Draymond's flop. Killed the Pels with second chance points. I don't think the Pels will have the morale to put up a fight for game 4.

1 person likes this.
  10. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

11. Brothersport

Brothersport Well-Known Member

yo. yo. YOOOOOOO wtf did we just watch.

can we please go back to the 2nd half (which feels like 2 months ago) where ryan anderson was draining fucking olajuwon-level shots.

pelicans gonna get swept soooooo hard now

12. skitlets

Ryan Anderson was looking like Dirk out there tonight. And they stopped giving him the ball completely.

1 person likes this.
  13. Neo_Version 7

The reality is, they were going to lose this series anyway. Just would have been nice for them to steal one.

It's funny because Bulls-Bucks game tonight was kinda similar with Chicago making a come back 20 points down.

Is the first round awesomeness back??

14. Brothersport

Brothersport Well-Known Member

yesssssss indessertyum complains about the quality of the 1st round and we immediately get one decent game, a 2OT game where rose scores 34 and looks like a former mvp, and an OT game w/ a historic comeback and a shot for steph curry's hof highlight reel.

2 people like this.
  15. indesertum

indesertum Well-Known Member

i didn't watch the cavs celtics game, but damn i was pretty happy with the games today.

i think pelicans will take the next one and bucks might take it too. kidd can make the adjustments but his players might not be able to execute whereas monty williams can't make the adjustments but his players might be able to talent their way out of it

16. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Well-Known Member

Not really, but that was a good game!

17. Neo_Version 7

So far we've had 4 overtimes (one of them going 2 OT). But I think last year's feeling isn't quite there because the records are lopsided (3-0 for Cavs, GSW, Bulls). :laugh:

Fortunately, we still have Spurs-Clips coming up!

18. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Well-Known Member

I can't believe the Dubs came back. (well yes I can but…) Spurs/Clips gonna be a bloodbath tomorrow… can't wait.

19. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

Great night of games. I DVR'd the first 2 so I wouldn't need to sit thru endless commercials, so I couldn't stay awake for the last one but it sounds like a roller coaster.

That Celtics team doesn't have a chance in hell but they're scrappy and make a game of it every time out. Reminds me of the Bulls - Heat series 2 years ago with Nate Robinson.

The Bulls - Bucks game was fantastic. Giannis was at sea the first 2 games but he came alive, the kid is so impressive to watch. You look at him standing next to John Henson (a center) and Giannis is taller! I actually found myself pulling for them. I know they don't have a chance in the series, but they deserve to be rewarded with a win.

This first round has been a shadow of last year, no doubt.

20. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Well-Known Member

My guess is that Monty Williams (like many coaches) thinks that it is somehow unmanly to play strategically rather than straight-up. When arguably the best three-point shooter in NBA history is on the other team, you have to foul in that situation.

It looked like Curry had his foot on the line on his first game-tying attempt. And that he was fouled on the game-tying basket.