• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Brothersport

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i just can't deal w/ scott brooks. hey guess what happens if you employ a pure switching, shout out to the fired mike woodson defense??? tons of mismatches and offensive rebounds and points for diaw!!!

who leaves in DEREK FISHER on series-deciding defensive plays??????? seriously what????? you leave him on GINOBILI? yeah no chance that'll result in a giant 3 to take the lead.

rw and kd were by no means perfect, but their team played their heart out. maybe it makes sense that they'd run out of gas in OT given they played all of 47 minutes in regulation.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Reporter: Do you consider this season a success?

Brooks: Yes.

:confused:

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score

who leaves in DEREK FISHER on series-deciding defensive plays??????? seriously what????? you leave him on GINOBILI? yeah no chance that'll result in a giant 3 to take the lead.

Yeah.

Fisher actually did as well as he could have been expected to...but they needed Adams or Perkins in there.

I think Duncan won the game with that tough hook shot. He's not making that shot on Adams or Perkins.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score

Yeah.

Fisher actually did as well as he could have been expected to...but they needed Adams or Perkins in there.

I think Duncan won the game with that tough hook shot. He's not making that shot on Adams or Perkins.

Uh...I think if Ibaka doesn't get that shot no one does. Adams and Perkins are journeymen at best.

Brothersport

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought of this today:

Imagine the Heat win the Finals and their 3rd straight. LBJ then calls a press conference and retires, saying that he's achieved all he's wanted in the NBA and wants to go play baseball.

What reaction does he get vs Jordan? LOL.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I thought of this today:

Imagine the Heat win the Finals and their 3rd straight. LBJ then calls a press conference and retires, saying that he's achieved all he's wanted in the NBA and wants to go play baseball.

What reaction does he get vs Jordan? LOL.

IIRC he's thought about playing for the NFL....

Brothersport

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

IIRC he's thought about playing for the NFL....

i know. given how lots of ppl still hate lebron and how dominant the nfl is that might actually improve his image (3).

hence why i said baseball.

Last edited:

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
He ain't **** unless he plays for Tune Squad

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brooks couldn't have done much better this game, look at the boxscore. 4 guys and Derek Fisher SCORED in the game. Derek shouldn't be the 5th best offensive player on a team...

Perkins, Collison, Thabo, Adams are all good defensive players. But 4 guys you get 0 offense from is just too much, these guys scored 0 points combined today

Jeremy Lamb is weak defensively, gets killed on screens and can't hit a shot. Derek Fisher is just better than this guy, that's why he plays LOL. Caron Butler couldn't buy a shot in the series and wasn't getting to the rim. So OKC has 4 players and Derek Fisher. Hard to beat Spurs with that.

OKC is a very good team, they got close to beating Spurs, but their team is not balanced enough offensively IMO. No fault on Brooks here.

Last edited:

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I actually give Brooks credit for finally trying something new - small ball a la Miami with a good shooter at center for most of the second half. it nearly worked too, if not for Duncan digging deep and bogarting Ibaka for three straight OT plays

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads