1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Brothersport

Brothersport Well-Known Member

that's interesting, i watched a full suns game the other day and i thought they looked like they had horrible chemistry, every single player (besides the morris twins together). nobody ever helped each other up or dapped up or anything.

also apparently they lead the league w/ ~40 techs this season; the morrises have like 20 combined. the spurs as a team have 3.

they've looked terrible since the break. interesting note: hornacek says they literally haven't had the chance to practice a single time since all-star break. sheds some light on why they're struggling, after making some giant moves.

2. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

Len got mad. If you cant handle getting dunked on, you might not be cut out for a NBA big man career

But hey, the refs finally called an NBA fracas correctly!

3. indesertum

indesertum Well-Known Member

yeah i'm not a fan of the whole iso ball thingy that phoenix is now doing

hassan kinda got his arms tangled up around len as he came down and len was trying to push him away, but it escalated

i feel like every dude on the clips from 1 through 9 and the coach all argue with the ref constantly. even reddick got ejected today

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  4. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

Come on man. Len grabbed a handful of jersey and threw Whiteside to the ground. That's not pushing him away. They had both previously hit each other in the face so it did escalate, but that's mostly a mischaracterization

5. indesertum

yeah push him away into the ground. everything escalated at every step

6. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

7. indesertum

i like hassan. i think len was the aggressor, but i'm saying i could see how each step was somewhat reasonable.

8. skeen7908

skeen7908 Well-Known Member

I saw three open team mates too.

Like father like son

edit: rewatched maybe not

9. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Well-Known Member

this is wesley matthews' dad:

[​IMG]

you could make a pretty awesome team using legacy NBA kids right now.....

1 person likes this.
  10. indesertum

it's odd tho. none of the legacy kids are kids of the best players. a lot of the best nba legacy kids' dads kinda languished in nba and/or then went abroad. and the nba legacy kids of superstars are kinda languishing in the league. makes you wonder if like demarre carroll's son is going to be next superstar

1 person likes this.
  11. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

Not getting Jimmy the Greek here but makes sense. The players fuck a better gene pool (hotter women) so what emerges is solid potential as an athlete. Also, the guidance is valuable. The careers that languish are often lessons learned for the dads and that passes to the kid.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
  12. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Reports are Brian Shaw was fired.

13. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Russy Tha God!

2 people like this.
  14. Brothersport

Brothersport Well-Known Member

i mean, it's just a ton of variance. just like height is vulnerable to a ton of variance, so you can't expect a massive outlier of a 7' dad to have a have a 7' kid. by the same token, it would be incredibly surprising for one of the top 5 basketball players to also have a top 5 nba son.

wiggins is an interesting case because his dad was an nba player and his mom is a former olympian.

also, these players aren't usually trying to find mothers who are the most athletic. hottest <> most athletic, and even then, it seems like a ton of nba players seem to settle with high school sweethearts (bron, wade pre-gabrielle union, russ, steph, etc). it's pretty different from, say, european soccer, where every wag is a model. it's seems to even differ from foreign nba role-players (marko jaric is married to adriana lima, al horford, jj barea [puerto rico]). this is all conjecture, but i feel like sociology research into the wives of american (or afr american) nba players vs soccer players would be fascinating

15. indesertum

apparently rudy gobert's standing reach is 9 foot 7 inches

16. diadem

diadem Well-Known Member

JaVale McGee waived. Is there a contender out there willing to pick him up?

And MJ is officially a billionaire.

[​IMG]

17. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

He can also buy 1.3 Charlotte Hornets franchises

1 person likes this.
  18. UnFacconable

UnFacconable Well-Known Member

I think it's crazy when short NBA players have tall NBA player children. Like Mike Dunleavy Jr - his dad was a 6'3" guard and he ended up 6'9"? Tim Hardway Jr is 6'6"? If Hardaway Sr was that tall he would have been unstoppable.

Watch out for JJ Barea Jr. in 15 years.

19. indesertum

Hardaway jr might be taller but I think it's weird how his dad was so much better. You would think great players have great genes to pass on to their children.

Okc should get Brian shaw over brooks

20. rnoldh

rnoldh Well-Known Member

Imagine a 7 Ft Calvin Murphy.

It's not like Calvin didn't try LOL