1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

National Hockey League 2013-2014

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by jarude, Sep 5, 2013.

1. gort

gort Well-Known Member

Damn Caps giving a whipping to the Flyers.

2. ryoneo

ryoneo Well-Known Member

3. gort

gort Well-Known Member

I turned it off for a bit, turn back and see highlights of a goalie fight between Holtby and Emery. From what I saw Emery didn't even let him get his gloves off. Thug.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  4. ryoneo

ryoneo Well-Known Member

Well, that was a shit game. I have need seen the Flyer's stadium so empty for the 3rd period. Shame.

5. gort

gort Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Looks like Holtby wants nothing to do with the fight here.

**I have despised Emery since he got into a fight with one of his own teammates in Ottawa during practice.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  6. ryoneo

ryoneo Well-Known Member

Too bad that's the only thing we can win right now. Let's see what happens tomorrow against the Devs.

7. gort

gort Well-Known Member

I have tickets to tomorrows caps/panthers game. I planned accordingly and made sure to purchase them vs a team that was a sure bet to be bad this year. :D

8. gomestar

gomestar Well-Known Member

three instances

9. gort

gort Well-Known Member

Caps game was great success on Saturday. Def got my money's worth with a shootout. Sad no Ovi or Tim Thomas though.

10. gomestar

I'd be bummed if I paid for a Caps game but didn't see AO. I realize it's different if you're a Caps fan. Same applies for the Pens and Crosby/Malkin. Philly and Giroux are no longer relevant.

11. Joffrey

Joffrey Well-Known Member

Under what circumstances would two goalies fight?

12. gomestar

if everybody else is fighting on-ice brawl style, the goalies will sometimes get involved. Happens maybe a few times a year, I'd guess, and just under a month into the seasons I'm pretty sure this isn't the first goalie fight.

13. jarude

jarude Well-Known Member

Lol, last year Giroux was being talked about in the same breath as Sid, Malkin, and Stamkos. That entire team must have overachieved for a good two years if these are their true colours.

It usually only happens in a noted team rivalry or if one of the goalies is a total shitstain. In the case of Emery, see the latter option.[

14. gomestar

i feel kind of bad for the guy. he's obviously having an off year, but what's the deal with it? are teams just going "check this out, this dude scores a ton of goes on the PP from right inside the circle, do you think we should get a guy on that?", are his linemates unable to dish a good pass to him this year, or are teams just checking the shit out of him at every rush?

15. jarude

jarude Well-Known Member

It wouldn't be fair to attribute at least some of his underperformance to Philly being awful in general, but if he was truly great he'd find a way around it. Every other legit superstar in the league finds a way to do their thing in spite of all the coverage they receive.

16. gomestar

caught some of the Philly/Canes game last night. I was only giving the game half my attention at best, but I don't recall seeing Giroux. Must be his invisibility cloak.

17. gomestar

every year, my school releases the game worn jerseys from their D1 program's prior season for purchase. $100, a no brainer for me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. jarude

jarude Well-Known Member

19. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Well-Known Member

20. gomestar

i can hardly imagine the number of high-5's that guy is being given at work right now.