1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Well-Known Member

thats where you give them a hot soak

agreed they are rough.

but a soak should fix it.
    dope as jeans.

total japanese style street.

Most raw denim is even rougher right after a soak than before. But it softens up with wear faster after a soak compared to dry raw denim.

2. hastur

hastur Well-Known Member

My Frankensteins arrived today, and were promptly sent back. They felt like sandpaper.

are they your first pair of raws? lol.

3. nineohtoo

nineohtoo Well-Known Member

Does anyone know where to find their chinos in a 28? I'm having no luck online.

4. wogbog

wogbog Well-Known Member

After going through about 30 pages in this thread and still coming up empty, I was wondering if anyone could post fit pics and/or a review on the skinny guy black power stretch. As I am a broke college student I really want to be sold on these before I order them.
    I've had a pair for a year or so, wore them a lot. Love them. The material is slightly shiny and fun to look at it. Stretch makes them very comfortable. Wouldn't recommend them if you want to do the raw denim thing because they don't fade much. My broken twill skinny guys have faded more in 2 months than these did from 6+ months of wearing them. fit (tts) [​IMG] Only fades you can see are from my wallet. http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...g/PB090046.jpg

5. is this nsfw

is this nsfw Well-Known Member

I got my first pair of skinnyguys today in the elephant denim. I went true to size, which for me is a 30. I have big hips, so even though I'm skinny I have a big butt and bigger upper thighs. I went true to size and they are very painted on in those areas, so consider that if your body is proportioned like mine. Here are pics: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Can I expect a reasonable amount of stretch in those areas, or should I size up?

6. jaychiz

jaychiz Well-Known Member

^^^I think your body might be suited more for Weird Guys, my build is similar and they seem to be the perfect cut. I'll post a fit tonight after work

7. is this nsfw

^^^I think your body might be suited more for Weird Guys, my build is similar and they seem to be the perfect cut. I'll post a fit tonight after work

Yeah I was thinking I'd exchange for some weird guys; did you follow the -2 sizes rule on yours?

8. jaychiz

Yeah I was thinking I'd exchange for some weird guys; did you follow the -2 sizes rule on yours?

2, maybe even 3? not sure, i just got whatever i couldn't/barely button at the top

9. clarksdb

clarksdb Well-Known Member

Yep go at least -2 in weird guys from skinny.

10. ranker

ranker Well-Known Member

I think we may have similar body types. I sized down 1 but I think I could have squeezed into -2 if I wanted to. However, I've been tired of breaking in 3 diff pairs of more expensive japanese repro brands so I went for a more comfortable fit with Weird Guys.

Size down 1 at least. 2 for a slim fit after stretch.

11. blazingazn

blazingazn Well-Known Member

How much should I size down from Slim Guys?

I'm usually vanity sized 30, true waist 32"

I'm likely going for a size 29 Slim Guy Broken Twill 13oz.

12. is this nsfw

I think we may have similar body types. I sized down 1 but I think I could have squeezed into -2 if I wanted to. However, I've been tired of breaking in 3 diff pairs of more expensive japanese repro brands so I went for a more comfortable fit with Weird Guys.

Size down 1 at least. 2 for a slim fit after stretch.

All right, I think I'll go -2 since I am looking for a slim fit. I'm sending these back to tobi, and once I get the weird guys I'll post some comparison pictures for posterity's sake. Thanks for the advice.

13. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Well-Known Member

How much should I size down from Slim Guys?

I'm usually vanity sized 30, true waist 32"

I'm likely going for a size 29 Slim Guy Broken Twill 13oz.

I would probably go with a 30, but if you want a really slim fit, you could do the 29.

14. rennavate

rennavate Well-Known Member

I've had my Indigo Weird Guys for a few months and I love them. Will def be copping more in the future.

15. max-t

max-t Well-Known Member

hey guys i'm a comfortable 31 in 511's, what should i get in n&f for similar fit?

16. clarksdb

clarksdb Well-Known Member

hey guys i'm a comfortable 31 in 511's, what should i get in n&f for similar fit?

I assume you're wanting the Skinny Guy? 31 would give you a similar fit.

17. max-t

max-t Well-Known Member

yeah def skinny guy, thanks man

it'll be my first pair of raws, kinda psyched/scared. hope it won't be long before they're comfortable.

18. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Well-Known Member

yeah def skinny guy, thanks man

it'll be my first pair of raws, kinda psyched/scared. hope it won't be long before they're comfortable.

Stay psyched. You just have to commit. Wear them around non-stop for a couple days and they will start to get comfortable. Then you will get used to them, then a couple months in they will feel like all new jeans.

You'll never go back to non-raw denim...unless of course you are wearing the jeans you've broken in.

19. Psydelik

Psydelik Well-Known Member

Stay psyched. You just have to commit. Wear them around non-stop for a couple days and they will start to get comfortable. Then you will get used to them, then a couple months in they will feel like all new jeans.

You'll never go back to non-raw denim...unless of course you are wearing the jeans you've broken in.

Spot on, on all points. Once you go raw, you'll never even think of going back. It'll seem blasphemous and just wrong, haha.

20. jaychiz

I've got really poor lighting at my place but these are the elephant weird guys that i couldn't even button up all the way at the store i'm dragging them low to get as much stretch as i can from the waist i'll try again tomorrow morning when there's some natural light in the house [​IMG] [​IMG]