• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Naked and famous denim

PeterParker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaychiz
what's your build and what size did you get?
5'9", 165 lbs, 32" true waist, 30" inseam. Most of that weight is in the upper body. My lower body is between a slim and medium build (I think last time I measured my thighs were ~21"). I am wearing a tagged 31
Originally Posted by Theory
Man the hip flares on those is rough.. How is the fit in the waist? Looks like they could use moar saaaaag.
The waist fitted comfortably from the start. I didn't measure them new, but I believe they're around 32". I just measured them at 33". I normally do sag them (unlike the photo) a little although there isn't much room since these have a pretty low rise.

The fit in the top block is a little loose, particularly in the back. It's like my thighs/ass aren't big enough to fill them out so the excess material bunches up and bulges out. I've been wearing these for a few days now and while the denim has started to soften, the bulge persists. I'm not sure if it will ever go away. If I stare at it for too long it pisses me off. It wouldn't be so bad if it bunched up in the crotch/ass but right now it's protruding a good inch or two from my thigh at a sharp point, making them look awkward.

I like the fit through the leg though. I don't think sizing down would have been an option because these are already snug on my calves. I think I'd be losing circulation in a 30. The hip flare problem could also be from my build. The other fit pics I've seen have been mostly of taller/skinnier guys and there isn't much hip flare, if any. Maybe it's because I have too much material bunching up above the knees. I don't think I'll bother getting these tailored to fix the problem. Hopefully the hip flare will go away in a month or so.

Theory

Reaction score
yeah give them time.. dior raws often have wicked hip flares too and theyve always gone away for me.. maybe NF is similar?

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
I get the same problem with my weird guy pair.

The upper thigh and butt area is shaped like a convex part of a spoon making me look fatter than i really am. But the leg is so slim. The whole jean does really look wierd on me i guess that is why they call it wierd guy. But not in a good sense.

I mean, it isnt an antifit shape.
It isnt even a repro fit or anything so the shape dont really make any sense to me.

But i got to give it to them for the denim though; the 15 oz denim they make it like steel. I mean its stiffer than my samurai.

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah i wear my boxers below my waist already and wear my denim just below the waist band, not sure what fit i should go with after stretching, normally wear 32 or 33

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Notreknip
Holt Renfrew maybe? Toronto (Bloor) has 'em.

holt vancouver "consolidated" all the N&F stock with other stores so they no longer have any in stock, i was pretty upset, i really don't want to buy from dutil if they overprice more than holt

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are about 130-150 at Dutil I believe.

The denim is nice and super thick, but unfortunately I wasn't at all impressed with the fit/cuts.

reidlos

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get N&F Weird Guy in Deep Indigo Selvage? I called showroom but they are out of stock. Any help would be great thanks!

Vashin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know Sydney's carries the weird guy, not sure if it's the 'deep indigo' or whatever though. I tried it on a few days ago, fit wasn't for me

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
happy 2009

here were my pre-christmas gift to myself

IMGP0184.jpg

sized down 1 or 2, i just chose the smallest size i could possibly button all the way up at the time which were 31's

a salaam alaikum

Reaction score
i have a pair of the deep indigo wierd guys and they really are like steel.. .. ive been wearing them for about 2 months now and they are still stiff. . .. i am suprised at how much i like them. . even more than my imperials. .
also a pair of the black sllim guys for bike riding.. . not nearly as thick as the deep indigos...

does anyone have a pair of the 18oz big slubs or 21oz's??

Orpheus

Reaction score
Jaychiz - I just **** my pants looking at that fit. It's beautiful. And that color jean with the rawish shine is absurdly beautiful.

sayocean

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Orpheus
Jaychiz - I just **** my pants looking at that fit. It's beautiful. And that color jean with the rawish shine is absurdly beautiful.

yes ****? j/j

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads