1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Well-Known Member

Should not typically stretch out with elastane. This isn't entirely true and women do complain that their elastane denim bags out over time. Guy tend not to wear theirs quite so tight.

Lighter denims do not typically fade. A raw, light colored denim may exhibit some fading eventually. There is no significant benefit of a raw, light denim over a light denim.

2. Melbush

Melbush Well-Known Member

I bought a pair off yoox, which is pretty much a lottery ince they don't give any detail, and ended up with the Scratch-n-Sniff Mint Scented .Denim [​IMG]
    Pretty cool to have a pair of jeans that smell mint

Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
  3. beowolf

beowolf Well-Known Member

Just scored a pair of NF Selvedge Chino from Neiman Marcus. There is one size left (36).
    [​IMG]

4. jeanfit

jeanfit Member

Well it's safe to say that i'm pretty disappointed with my first NF purchase. I did buy them online though. The problem here is that I wear 30 30 508 levi's and I did EVERYTHING possible to make the best estimate to what the NF version would be. The tate and yoko and online communities result would be a 29 waist weird guy fit jeans. The length is perfect but my butt is so big it doesn't fit properly around the waist. I can't close in the buttons. I am overweight though and am planning to lose 20 pounds, do you guys think it would make a difference? Of course it would, but would the jeans be wearable to the point where I can close the buttons and even have a little space in between my thighs and jeans? Since I bought them on special I'm stuck with em; I guess I gotta adapt or find a way to sell them,… Thanks for any advice!

5. ScuffedBluchers

ScuffedBluchers Well-Known Member

Depending on what you got, they'll stretch considerably. I'm always thinking "these jeans are too tight," when I first buy them, and then they work out. If you can't get them buttoned at all, though, you're likely SOL unless you loose weight. And since we all gain and loose weight differently, how they'll fit after losing 20 pounds is a crap shoot.

Loose the weight and try them on again. If they fit, awesome. If they don't sell them and use the proceeds to buy something that fits your new look. But try on a pair or two before buying next time.

6. highfalutin

highfalutin Well-Known Member

For a man born in the mid 80s, at what point does it become weird to wear jeans with tits on the outside label?

7. The Pastoral Utopian

The Pastoral Utopian Active Member

Just get some fine grained sandpaper and start buffing until the naked lady happily disappears.

8. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Well-Known Member

Unless you're wearing your shirts tucked no one will notice Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. jam3s121

jam3s121 New Member

size 30 waist and you think you are overweight? not sure I understand..

1 person likes this.
  10. jon4rd

jon4rd Active Member

Anybody seen or have any Evo pics of the midnight Selvedge denim? Thinking about pulling the trigger on a pair but want to see how they fade

11. Hype1234

Hype1234 Well-Known Member

Can anyone here comment on the shine of the oxford shirts and whether this goes away with time? I used to own the grey and the white, but ended up selling both before really washing them to any extent.

I'm not sure if this is a matter of the weave or something, but I definitely prefer a more matte finish (like you'd find on a Band of Outsiders or most Wolf v Goat).

12. highfalutin

Actually I do tuck.

13. johnH123

johnH123 Well-Known Member

Wear a wide belt. That covers up the nipples pretty well.

Or just let your freak flag fly.

14. highfalutin

I think I will just let it fly and not worry about it.

15. Adrian Beckham

Adrian Beckham Well-Known Member

Hey guys, quick question here. I wear a 33 in the skinny guy black power stretch jeans and the fit is spot on. My question is, how much stretching can I expect from a more traditional skinny guy without elastane, enough to size down? How about in the weird guy fit? My true waist is around a 34.5.

16. nomeX

nomeX Well-Known Member

I wear 31 Skinny Guys in Stretch Denim (Red, Burgundy, Deep Indigo Selvedge) and they fit perfectly. I got some Royal Cast Skinny Guys (non-strectch) in the same 31W off the marketplace, and I have to say, they are tight! I may have to size up to 32W for non-stretch Skinny Guys. The stretch will be determined by the weight and type of twill. That said, you may have to size up with non stretch, or buy the same waist in Weird guy (which would be technically sizing up).

17. marianarg

marianarg New Member

I'm looking to buy a pair of Naked and Famous jeans. Unfortunately, they aren't sold in the country i currently live in, so i have to buy em online. I'm not 100% sure whether i should buy the Skinny guy or the Super skinny guy and i was hoping you could give me some insight. I usually wear A.P.C petit standards, having that in mind, Which cut is more similar to them? Thank you!

18. dg0ld

dg0ld New Member

Wearing my N&F Indigo Stretch I bought 12/26/14.These were my introduction into the realm of raw/selvedge denim. They are the Weird Guy fit, Left hand twill, 13.5oz Japanese denim, with some spandex added for stretch-ability. Picked them up at Nordy's for $155+ NYS tax (arm or leg? I can't remember which it was lol). Initial thoughts are:first pair of raw denim they are extremely comfortable and fit TTS. I normally wear a 30 waste, 32 leg and these are spot on with the fit. Break in period was less than 2 weeks, I do realize though that 13.50z is baby denim but for a first pair it was more than sufficient. I've since bought a pair of Left Field 17oz Cone Mills denim in their greaser fit and plan on grabbing a few more Left Field pants, maybe even explore their Chelsea fit. But I digress... Now almost a full 3 months into my Weird Guys I have to say they are super comfortable (thanks to added spandex?) and are starting to fade pretty decently. I cuff most of the time so I don't have stacking creases but I'm starting to develop some decent whiskers. Zero washes zero soaks and don't plan on having these touch water for a long long time. I think N&F is a great introductory brand for those used to wearing mall brand jeans.

19. Matty123

Matty123 Well-Known Member

Can anyone please tell me which N and F selvedge is the fullest cut? i have tried to search already and cant get a straight answer. Thanks!

20. im eddie

im eddie Well-Known Member

Weird guy is looses fit.