1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Hirsh

Hirsh Well-Known Member

Does anybody have the Super Slubs?

Do they ever shrink?

I got them for Christmas and have already washed them once, as they're a bit big...but I love the feel of them.

Can't wait to get my 4th pair of Naked and Famous jeans!!!

Spending 2014 getting as much wear as possible out of my 5 pair rotation, to justify a denim splurge next January:slayer:

2. mljs54

mljs54 Well-Known Member

Which retailer(s) in NYC carries all the different fits? Thanks.

3. tokyocean

tokyocean Well-Known Member

I'm a tad disappointed. The Weird Guy fit isn't tapered enough for me. I'd like them to be even more tapered.

4. Numbernine

Numbernine Well-Known Member

I post this now and then as a public service but a lot of people don't realize that tapering a pair of jeans is actually easier than hemming .Any good seamstress should do it for a minimal charge . I do my own and anyone else's do free . it's really that easy. if your ever in Santa Cruz pm me and bring your jeans

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
    2 people like this.
  5. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Well-Known Member

goodnight tokyocean

1 person likes this.
  6. Hirsh

Hirsh Well-Known Member

If you want indigo/indigo why don't you buy a Pure Blue Japan pair in 007(14oz or if you can get it 24oz?) from BIG? The denim is very different but much more hardwearing, and fades beautifully. I wear both brands....today I'm wearing my N and F cashmere stretch, and the price differential is minimal. Or, as previously suggested, buy black jeans, although they fade to an ugly grey rather than a rich indigo colour.

7. Hirsh

Hirsh Well-Known Member

Best selection is Tate and Yoko in Canada, who are very friendly and ship worldwide.

Just go into N and Fs own website, and you'll see the link..

Great service, and carry discontinued lines as well:)

8. Hirsh

Hirsh Well-Known Member

Good luck!

They don't make 32oz in my size, but I'd love to try them too..

I bet even I couldn't wear holes in them in my usual 11 months!!!

9. Mistral

Mistral Well-Known Member

Hirsch, take it easy man. Spamming the boards is unneccesary. Just multiquote and/or post if you really have something that ADDS to the discussion/subject of a topic.

10. Hirsh

Hirsh Well-Known Member

Haha, sorry about that- I had a sleepless night (I'm in the UK) and I spent the night on SF!

Hopefully tonight I'll get some rest, as I'm shattered:)

11. kushburner

kushburner Well-Known Member

I wear a size 31 in Unbranded Tapered. Should I get a size 30 in NF WG?

12. Rommel

Rommel Well-Known Member

yeah, I think that's a good choice. I wear a 32 and 33 in the unbranded tapered and a 31 in N&F weird guys.

13. Hirsh

Hirsh Well-Known Member

Not lasting out very well without new jeans..

Do I treat myself for my birthday in Aoril, or last out until January 2015???(as resolution)

Today I'm in my Super Slubs - they're great jeans, love the cut.......wonder if I concentrate on them what colour they'll be by the end of the year..

My fave Naked and Famous to date:)

14. accordion

accordion Well-Known Member

So to make sure, if I wear TTS for Unbranded and they fit well, I should size down one for N&F? Talking about 301s which are Slims vs. Weird Guys which are equal to 201s. I know it depends on fabrics, but according to Blueowl and going by the waist size alone, I should be sizing down 1 for most fabrics to match waist sizes. But what about taking into account shrinking after washing? I also wanna get something different than the Unbranded indigo fabric, preferably darker, currently deciding between Okayama Spirits, Dirty Fade, Blue Weft, Red Weft, Jade, Left Hand Twill and Deep Indigo. For the newer fabrics there are no pictures of them fading unfortunately. Any recommendations? Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
  15. Hirsh

Hirsh Well-Known Member

You need advice from somebody who's worn both, but I think that'd right: you size down 1 from unbranded.

As for shrinkage- I wish mine would!!!!

They all say that they can shrink up to 3%, but apart from the length, they're still big on me.

Hope that helps!

16. Hirsh

Hirsh Well-Known Member

Why do they need to Vanity size???

Surely we're not all so scred of our own true size that we need to feel like supermodels??????

Mind you, Momotaro go the other way and their hip and waist sizes are way off the mark- miles too big!

17. accordion

accordion Well-Known Member

Anyone have an opinion on the jade selvedge? Pics with fades would be awesome. I checked the reddit thread already. Deciding between that and the more traditional left hand twill.

18. Hirsh

Hirsh Well-Known Member

Jade Selvedge looks nice...don't know how it fades but you could show us..

Loads of people have left hand twill, jade Selvedge is more original..

For my $$$ worth I'd go with those

Maybe people who've tried both can give you better advice or evo pics..

Today I'm in my Super Slubs, I wish they'd shrink, but the lady that washes them won't hot wash or tumble dry them, as if they were $$$$ natural indigo zinzangs!!!

Plus I don't want to lose too much of the 34.5" inseam

Be brave - try something new!

19. Mistral

Mistral Well-Known Member

Momotaro sizing is spot on. Vanity sizing mostly exists because of difference in fits in the upper region. This way someone who knows his size should have little to no problems picking a pair of jeans without having to hassle with different front and backrise.

Comparing measurements or even trying on a pair still is a better solution to avoid miss sized denim though.

20. Hirsh

Hirsh Well-Known Member

I agree, but it's not easy when you're buying from Japan...