1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. imschatz

imschatz Well-Known Member

+1. They are awesome jeans for that. I bought my Selvedge Chino's to be my go-to workpant around the house. As a lighter weight (10 oz) they are aren't prone to overheating, and give me a large range of motion .. plus when I have to make an emergency Home Depot run for the thing I inevitably forgot .. I just throw on a button down and away I go. Denim is a tight enough weave that virtually anything you slop on them will brush off when dry, and anything in Indigo will hide the rest.

If you catch a sale .. they are also cheap, most of the time in that $100-150 range.

Denim was invented to be worn. Wear them. You don't get rawr fadez sitting on your couch.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  2. TATE and YOKO

TATE and YOKO Well-Known Member

Here is a nice N&F Black 15oz leather belt after over a year of wear...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. jittery zeitgeist

jittery zeitgeist Well-Known Member

4. menofcharisma

menofcharisma Member

I've been wearing my WG's in a 33 (sized down one, regret that now) and I agree on the overall fit...it's just odd. There was some definite nut-pinching the first month I wore them. They're a little stretched out now which is great, but my 3Sixteen ST-120x Shadow Selvedge Tapered that I got two weeks ago fit like a dream compared to my Weird Guys. For anyone that isn't feeling them...I highly suggest any of the 3Sixteen tapereds.

Granted, I do like having two pairs of raws to switch between now.

5. CalTex

CalTex Well-Known Member

I don't see the appeal in having a black belt, especially one that looks like that.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  6. Caveat

Caveat Well-Known Member

What do you wear with black shoes/boots??

7. althanis

althanis Well-Known Member

What's the difference between Left Hand Twill, Deep Indigo and regular Indigo?

8. bik2101

bik2101 Well-Known Member

9. TATE and YOKO

The cotton origins are different, the construction is different, the dyestuffs are different. You may find the weight one of the easiest things to notice:

Indigo Selvedge - 13oz
    Left Hand Twill Selvedge - 13.75oz
    Deep Indigo Selvedge - 15.7oz

10. zach4134

zach4134 Active Member

Does anyone have any fades on the SUVIN ELS pair yet? Or has anyone seen any pictures? I'm thinking about picking up a pair, but I have yet to see any fade pictures with them.

11. TATE and YOKO

The Suvin fabric is great, but it's a new style and so I haven't seen any fades pics yet. The style will not be made again. Just one limited edition run.

12. TATE and YOKO

13. lckychrmsbboy

lckychrmsbboy Well-Known Member

I dont see how so many people have issues with the crotch area. Either you guys have huge butts, sizing diwn too much, or wearing them too high. I have noticed a lot of people wear their jeans kinda high like the pic in the previous page with that guy wearing suspenders.

14. flamingotripod

flamingotripod Well-Known Member

I think its just the way they are cut that makes them have a lot of tension in the crotch. Even when I wear my skinny guys pretty low, when I bend my knees it feels like the crotch seam is pulled with tension at the slightest of movements. No blowouts so far though

15. mister56

mister56 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
  16. imschatz

imschatz Well-Known Member

My only problem I have with WG's .. is I gotta pull my pants down Butters from South Park style to use the pisser.

17. leyori

leyori Member

any idea when the rainbow denim will be release?

18. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Well-Known Member

It's already out at Barneys

19. jmaudi0

jmaudi0 Well-Known Member

hahahah. soooo true. i have to undo my belt and all the buttons. annoying but kinda used to it now.

20. menofcharisma

menofcharisma Member

I feel like a lot of people with "athletic" builds have issues with WG's. For me personally they're okay in the thighs, dangerous on the junk.