1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Rightyow77

Rightyow77 Well-Known Member

They will stretch but, I say save yourself the heart ache and pain and go tts. Soaking will soften them up considerably, I soaked mine for the first time last week and they are so soft and comfortable even more so then my 14.5oz options.

Good luck

2. Rightyow77

Rightyow77 Well-Known Member

It will get most of the starch off which will def. help. In the end though it's a matter of what you do in them and how you take care of them. I say wear them raw for now in a few months give them a quick cold soak to get some of the gunk and starch off, continue wearing till they stink beyond redemption then give them a wash once you have the desired contrast and fading. Wearing them pre wash will help the creases settle in so that your combs and whiskers etc. will all look organic ( conform to your body shape). I have had great success with soaking denim, my pair of UB Skinnies have been with me since 2009 and just recently did they rip beyond repair, although I did wash them prematurely which you don't want to do if your goal is high contrasting fades (ended up making them into shorts).

Hope this helps, I am sure some of the other guys and gals on this forum can comment more on this subject, but those are my two cents anyways.
    Good luck

3. Jackie Treehorn

Jackie Treehorn Well-Known Member

(wrong thread post by accident, pls delete)

Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  4. El Argentino

El Argentino Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'd go TTS - most I've read on here are that they're incredibly hard to stretch, and if you're having issues now, just be safe and do the exchange before your return policy is up.

5. groundkontrol

groundkontrol Well-Known Member

I just got a pair of Naked & Famous jeans. They are a little tight in the thighs so I want to stretch them. What is the best way to do to stretch the thighs? I've heard a few solutions:
    1) Soak them in cold water. Hang them to dry for a little. Before they are fully dry, put them on and walk around and do squats.
    2) Put on a pair of basketball shorts, then put the jeans over them and walk around.
    3) Ride an exercise bike with the jeans on.

Do any of these methods work best? Any other recommendations? Thanks.

6. hastur

hastur Well-Known Member

Wear them. They'll stretch on their own just walking around or whatever.

7. oilpit

oilpit Well-Known Member

Wear them, they will stretch.

Before you know it you will need a belt to keep them up...

8. highway

highway Well-Known Member

if you don't like the fit of these, please return them, because they WILL NOT STRETCH.

i have been wearing a new pair of wg deeps, every single day, since april 6th, and they have not stretched at all . . . .ESPECIALLY in the thigh. so if you want them baggier, get a size bigger.

9. highway

imo these are too tight in the thighs. . . and if the waist fits like you say, you might be better off in the new n&f regularguy style . . .

10. Dingusberry

Dingusberry Well-Known Member

Is Naked and Famous better than APC?

11. ZacEnoh

ZacEnoh Active Member

Matter of opinion. APC have a different fit. The quality IMO is lesser, but I was also really rough on the pair I owned. Also New Standards are a bit to wide for my liking; while the Petite Standard and New Cure are too skinny in the cars for me.

The best advice is get the brand that FITS you the best. That is the most important factor really. FIT.

NF is vastly more interesting than APC. More interesting than most denim makers really. Brandon makes some bizarre stuff sometimes.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  12. highway

This so hard. Also with NF, you can get some GREAT types of denim for ~$100-125 if you shop at karma loop and google for a coupon code . . . So while $300 denim is truly amazing, NF really is unbeatable IMO for the type and variety of denim you get for the price.

13. Dingusberry

Dingusberry Well-Known Member

NF jeans look very baggy compared to APCs. Don't they have skinny or slim jeans?

14. pronxs

pronxs Well-Known Member

No they dont.

15. highway

yeah, the skinnyguy fit isn't baggy at all . . .

16. Raindrop

Raindrop Well-Known Member

The Skinny Guy is pretty tight around, go TTS for sure or size down 1 if you dare.

17. dagman1

dagman1 Well-Known Member

No, I like the fit, they are just tight enough that I can't gain much weight. But they have stretched a bit already. Not by much, but better than when I first put them on.

18. digga

digga Well-Known Member

I think the NF jeans look baggy in some of the pictures because the models are wearing jeans that are sized up a bunch. This is particularly noticeable on *********. I have a pair of weird guy indigo jeans that I have been wearing for less than a week and they are pretty slim, though not super skinny. I also think NF makes a skinnier cut.

My jeans were initially very tight (I sized down two as recommended), but after the fairly short amount of time that I have been wearing them, they have stretched out a bit in the thighs and crotch. I'm not sure that any potential future children are free from danger just yet, but they are much safer than they were the first day. At first I wasn't sure if these jeans would work out, but now I'm pretty confident that I will wear them for a while. In a month or two I will decide if I want to buy a size larger for my next pair.

I do feel that the waist on these jeans is a bit large compared to the thigh and crotch dimensions.

19. flamingotripod

flamingotripod Well-Known Member

The skinny guy of Japan Heritage is cut a bit smaller than other ones so if your getting the skinny guy go with size 30

20. highway

the material gets a lot softer as you wear them more, the 15oz denim definitely isn't as stiff as it used to be, but even from sagging, i haven't noticed stretching at all - which usually is the case with heavier denim.