1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. groundkontrol

groundkontrol Well-Known Member

First pair of raw denim. Choosing between the WeirdGuy Raspberry Scratch-and-Sniff or the 13oz Indigo. How have people liked the scratch-and-sniff? Is the indigo on the scratch-and-sniff darker than the 13oz? Thanks!

Raspberry Scratch-and-Sniff
    [​IMG]

or

13 oz Blue Indigo (has gray stitching)
    [​IMG]

2. Dreamfall

Dreamfall New Member

Thinking of picking the Weird Guy Greencast from this site.
    http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/men/naked-and-famous-weird-guy-jean-item-10181788.aspx

Are all of the greencast weird guys selvedged? Wondering because this site does not mention it in the description.

About the sizing I am planning on getting size 30, 32" waist but I have not taken stretching into account. Would it be safe to assume a pair of size 29s 31" waist will eventually stretch to fit me better over time? Can anyone with experience of the Weird Guy Greencasts help me out.

Thanks.

3. knucks

knucks Well-Known Member

yes they are selvage..

what is your true waist? sure, a 31 will stretch to a 32..take a look at other measurements and see what works better

* Size 29 (31" waist, 10" rise, 11.25" thigh, 8" knee, 35" inseam, 7" leg opening)
    * Size 30 (32" waist, 10" rise, 11.5" thigh, 8.2" knee, 35" inseam, 7.2" leg opening)

4. rennavate

rennavate Well-Known Member

I think the only non-seldedge Naked & Famous denim are the Lightweight Painters?

5. cowboyqueso

cowboyqueso Member

There's quite a few that aren't selvedge - I own pairs of Slub Stretch, Linen Blend, and Silk Blend - none of which are selvedge.

6. wogbog

wogbog Well-Known Member

I think a lot of their "experimental" jeans aren't selvedge to keep the price down.

7. bob99

bob99 Well-Known Member

IMO, you shouldn't get the scratch and sniff. It's more of a gimmicky pair than the regular indigos.

Consider the left-hand twill, that's a great pair of jeans if you like the contrast stitching look.

The bottom line is you can't go wrong, these are great pants.

8. Dreamfall

Dreamfall New Member

My true waist is at 35". Should I be reconsidering what size I should buy? I have never looked into my true waist before.

9. f***city

f***city Well-Known Member

black power stretch and indigo power stretch also not selvedge.

10. mister56

mister56 Well-Known Member

11. tdhk

tdhk Member

Just got my NFxONIs in. They were initially big in the waist. An hour hot soak/hang dry brought in the waist and everything else. They shrank more vertically than horizontally.
    These are my first pair of NFs and DAMM, I am glad I picked up a coolab. These are so slubby and hairy, I'm in love. The rise is a tad low for my preference but a belt helps keep it in place. I already have my eyes set on a next pair of WGs. I think I 'm going for the NFxMomo coolab or the indigo/indigo slubs next.

These are my first high end denims and they are better overall than my other selvedges in the closet. (unbranded, heshers, hundreds,10deep)

I 've read the NF coolabs seems to be better in construction and material than the rest of the line w/ the exception of the heritages. That said, I guess I'll be looking at those.

12. alwaysraw

alwaysraw Well-Known Member

Personally, I don't listen to 'rap music', but A$AP ROCKY just released a new song called Goldie that has a shout out to Naked & Famous in it...

"Remind me your favorite jeans cause they naked cause you famous"

You can see all the lyrics here: http://www.killerhiphop.com/asap-rocky-goldie-lyrics/

He also plugs Maison Martin Margiela - "My Martin was a Maison, rocked Margiela with no laces"

Off topic, but, my favorite line of the song is:
    "You could call me Billy Gates, got a crib in every state
    Man on the moon, got a condo out in space"

Anyways, fun free plug for N&F...

13. AirRayAllen20

AirRayAllen20 Active Member

14. oilpit

oilpit Well-Known Member

How did I miss that???
    Makes the song even cooler, A&AP rules...

15. rennavate

Here are two pictures of me wearing my N&FxONI collaboration jeans, size 36. Not the best pictures, I know.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. alwaysraw

alwaysraw Well-Known Member

Cool. Where did you get em?

Post a closeup of the denim texture...

17. oilpit

oilpit Well-Known Member

You should wait until there is some actual progress to post pics.
    The evo won't look as dramatic if you post pics every 3 days.

Lookin' good for how long you've been wearing them though [​IMG]

18. ndvrkevin

ndvrkevin Active Member

@rennavate

How tall are you and how many times did you roll up? Haha sorry for the weird question.

19. rennavate

Nah, not a weird question at all. I'm 6'0", and these are rolled up 4 times. Mind you I have a short inseam (30") for someone my height. And the Oni collabs have a shorter inseam, too. This pair measures 32.5" inches. Rolled up like this, these are around 29".

20. mister56

mister56 Well-Known Member

I know. I'm bored.