1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Jump Around

Jump Around Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of picking up WG as my first pair of raw denim. Basically, do I wear them right out of the bag and soak or wash them months later or do I soak these before wearing?

2. autumndreams

autumndreams Well-Known Member

^@ cbxk

Here's a good explanation:

http://www.rawrdenim.com/2011/04/slub-slubby-slubbiness-what-does-it-mean/

^@ Jump Around

You can soak, or you can not soak. 95% of weird guy models are sanforized, which means that they won't shrink much in a wash. Soaking will get rid of some of the starch in the jeans and will soften them up faster. Not soaking will give you more defined creases as you wear them.

3. Chris Benson

Chris Benson Well-Known Member

Just this week got a great deal, picked up a pair of the N&F snowpaint denim. Regular $350 on sale for 75% off!!!:)

Yes, granted it is not winter anymore, but will be using them next winter!:slayer:

4. Jump Around

Really appreciate the help autumndreams!

5. Jump Around

Sorry, another question.

I plan on measuring my best fitting pair of jeans and order the size of the WG accordingly. But do they stretch out a bit?

Should I order a size down?

Thanks

6. AlphaAndTheOmega

AlphaAndTheOmega Well-Known Member

Haha sorry to jump on the noob question bandwagon, but I wanted to know if all N&F jeans were raw? do they all fade about the same?

7. cb_32

cb_32 Well-Known Member

i got a pair of weird guy chinos

washed and dried them because i dont want any fading on them, i sized 1 up and they fit well:satisfied:

8. cpkfolief

cpkfolief Member

Local store or online?

9. Chris Benson

Chris Benson Well-Known Member

Yes, all N&F jeans are raw (as far as I know) and no they don't all fade teh same. Since every pair really has different fabric, weights, colours, dyes as well as other factors.

10. alwaysraw

alwaysraw Well-Known Member

11. knucks

knucks Well-Known Member

Any interest in selvage chino hemmed to ~31" ? size 34

12. rennavate

rennavate Well-Known Member

13. DCinza13

DCinza13 Well-Known Member

I'm in the contest too, I sized up because I'm really active in them so they didn't feel rigid at all. Also I was wearing Ele 2's before them, so they feel really soft in comparison. Fading is coming along, they are really cool jeans. I should post some progress pics, I want to see how other people in the contest are doing as well.

14. DCinza13

DCinza13 Well-Known Member

Ya, you already paid the price of admission, might as well give it a shot. Everyone who enters gets something, so why not.

15. TooAwesome

TooAwesome Well-Known Member

patches look horrible, lacking boobs and girls

16. alwaysraw

alwaysraw Well-Known Member

Ha! I guess everyone really does love boobies.

Dont you worry TooAwesome... there will be more new patches with boobs on it in the future for sure. :D

17. cb_32

cb_32 Well-Known Member

i cant ever take red chinos seriously

this guy i knew in highschool wears red chinos from H&M and he bangs underage girls

also why are there no tits on those patches:plain:

18. highway

highway Well-Known Member

Quote:
    haha, i bought two pairs at the time, to either use for profit, or to wear in the future . . .

19. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Well-Known Member

A lot of what's said about sizing in this thread says to size down 2 from your jean's measurement--one inch b/c of vanity sizing, and one inch or so for stretch. A size 30 comes with a waist measurement of 31 and will stretch to a waist measurement of 32, maybe a little more. The early pages of this thread--start at page 10--have lots of specific examples. When you get the jeans, if you can just get them buttoned up, you picked the right size. I recommend you buy from somewhere that allows returns in case you need to adjust.

20. Masako

Masako Well-Known Member

I interviewed Brandon a few years ago for my site, and now I actually had a chance to meet him and take a tour of both his warehouse, and his Tate + Yoko store front in Montreal. You can read the article here.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012