1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Guardian

Guardian Member

Just got a pair of the momotaro collab skinny guy in size 29. Everything fits great except the top button is damn near impossible to close. Did I get the wrong size or will it stretch out, and if so, how much wear would this take? I would only need another inch or so.

2. MartinLil

MartinLil Well-Known Member

How long have you been wearing these? When I got my weird guy deep indigos, I could only get the first few buttons done but could button them all by the end of the day. (To put this into context, I threw on a belt to make sure they stayed on and began a long day of farm work. They had stretched out nicely by that evening. Though, I was doing a lot of physical labor and sweating my ass off in the 105+ degree heat, so that may have sped up the process.) I have found that just sitting and hanging out all day will also stretch the waist on jeans. Just wear them and you should be able to button the top button within a day or two.

3. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Well-Known Member

This is incorrect as a blanket statement. There may exist sanforized denim which entirely does not shrink, but my personal experience with two specific sanforized fabrics by N&F is that they do shrink and significantly so. Deep Indigos and Broken Twill most definitely shrink. They will shrink in every dimension and will shrink significantly in the waist and the inseam (the longest dimensions shrink the most).

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  4. NFDENIM

NFDENIM Well-Known Member

Actually,

they will be in Barney's Co-op stores in September.

5. Guardian

Guardian Member

I got them in the mail yesterday evening and I've pretty much been wearing them since. I was able to get the top button to close, and I slept in them, which seemed to make some difference. I'm wearing them to work today to try to stretch it more, but the waistband is still extremely tight, like cutting-off-circulation tight.

Even with the waist issues, the thighs are still looser than I usually like, and the inseam far too long, but I figured I'd try something different.

Is it worth the pain/effort or should I just sell and go for a different size/cut?

6. Dbear

Dbear Well-Known Member

The Momo skinny guy collabs are sort of an interesting beast.

Mine were tight when I got them--top button barely on. I can slide them on pretty comfortably now, but it may also be b/c I lost a few pounds. But they really haven't stretched or faded that much (if compared to like APC in a similar time frame).

Also, the cut is definitely roomier in the thighs and the knee if compared to other skinny guys. For example, I wear APC NS most of the time, and when I put on my Momos, it feels basically the same. BUT, when I put on my skinny guy revivals (same exact size as Momo)....I'm like "wow, much tighter"...thighs and knees, definitely tighter, slimmer cut. Go figure.

7. NefariousSabatour

NefariousSabatour Well-Known Member

reverse fades are skinny guy.

8. Guardian

Guardian Member

Thanks for the insight. I really really love the material and details on these, but I'm starting to think the fit just isn't for me. Oh well, guess it's back to hunting for some new cures/petit standards.

So.. for anyone looking to buy a pair of momo collabs in 29, I'll sell these for 150 shipped. Maybe 12 hours of wear on them.

9. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Well-Known Member

They are an interesting fit. I'm sized down from 30 to 29 on these and actually love them. Just hitting six months and am getting some pretty incredible fading. They don't stretch all that much but enough to accommodate sizing down IMO.

10. f-tard

f-tard Well-Known Member

Who bit off of who....

11. highway

highway Well-Known Member

Are the WG organics still for sale anywhere? tobi.com still has them but not in a 34. . . thanks!

12. okay.w0w

okay.w0w Well-Known Member

picked up the N&FxBig John's for cheap at barney's

13. MIKE_JE

Totally fucked up that statement. I meant sanforized. OOPS!

I thought N&F made all their denim sanforized?

14. MIKE_JE

Can everyone get with the program in here and realize raw denim will require a hem for almost everyone unless they are stacking? This is not a way to gauge fit or whether you want to keep or not. HEM THEM!

I understand your other sizing concerns, though.

15. highway

highway Well-Known Member

what size/fit? do they still have any of these?

16. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Well-Known Member

I edited out my 'un's.

N&F is all currently sanforized. Sanforized denim does shrink.

17. MIKE_JE

18. bwahahahaha

bwahahahaha Well-Known Member

Seriously, find me high quality raw denim where the inseam isn't "too long." Also, I still maintain that truly skinny fits look much better with at least a small amount of stacking.

19. MIKE_JE

I agree.

20. MIKE_JE

Minimally. The sanforizing process is designed to prevent shrinkage...so "soaking" or anything of the sort on N&F is pretty silly IMO. Unless you've been wearing the jeans fro several months. I guess it can be a last ditch resort to getting them smaller, but the sanforized denim is designed to be worn off the rack. And hemmed if need be.