1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Naked and famous denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mauro, Feb 13, 2008.

1. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Well-Known Member

Yeah, it was literally under my feet but the top block fit so well... is it worth it? Would hemming affect the original form of the jeans?

I am having the same problem. i just dont want to rip off the jean I will be using

Hemming won't alter the fit of the jean other than to make the legs the correct length for you. Does Unbranded have a chainstitched hem? If it is like most N&F and has a lock stitch hem, you can just take it to any tailor to do, just ask them to match the thread of the existing hem on the new hem.

2. commodorewheeler

Orginally the price was going to be $2,000 per pair, just due to the insane amount of work and time to weave the denim and the fact they have to speical order a place to sew the denim together. The end price I don't think has been finalized yet, but indications seem to point to a $500 - $600 price tag. (Again that could change!)

Yes, they had a sample pair there it was just amazing. They are using the same process they use to sew carpet. So just imagine wearing carpet pants and that should come pretty close.[​IMG]

$500-$600 is much better than $2000, but let's hope that at those prices, the stitching is better than what is on the 24 oz. model.

3. mike868y

mike868y Well-Known Member

Hemming won't alter the fit of the jean other than to make the legs the correct length for you. Does Unbranded have a chainstitched hem? If it is like most N&F and has a lock stitch hem, you can just take it to any tailor to do, just ask them to match the thread of the existing hem on the new hem.

Theoretically if he was buying a tapered pair, wouldn't hemming increase the size of the leg opening?

4. meso

meso Well-Known Member

Theoretically if he was buying a tapered pair, wouldn't hemming increase the size of the leg opening?

Only very slightly (theoretically and practically).

5. HiThere

HiThere Member

No way was I doing a 31. Waist was tight as is and the thighs are pretty tight when sitting. The denim's pretty stiff and will probably sit a bit better after a soak.

Any update on the soaking? How have the dimensions changed?

6. jaychiz

jaychiz Well-Known Member

Any update on the soaking? How have the dimensions changed?

soaking will just remove the starch and excess indigo, they'll actually get smaller after soaking i'm guessing

7. Jay-D

Jay-D Well-Known Member

8. Jay-D

Jay-D Well-Known Member

Momotaro x Naked & Famous "Skinny Guy" collaboration - our second shipment is on the way and we will have all sizes available, 28-36. All sizes are available to purchase via our online store. Here are are few more details including fit pictures.

Momotaro x Naked & Famous Collaboration "Skinny Guy" 14oz Selvedge Denim in Indigo
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7998500

Model in photos is 6' and 165 lbs wearing size 32 (TTS). For those familiar with Naked & Famous fits, normally model wears 31 in skinny guy denim (sizing down 1), 30 in weird guy denim (sizing down 2). This collaboration either order TTS or sized down 1. Inseams are extra long at 39". Contact us for additional sizing help.

More information can be seen on our latest blog post. Link: http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/...o-x-naked.html

9. commodorewheeler

It depends on where the taper ends. On most jeans that I've seen, the leg opening size wouldn't increase much with hemming.

10. jaychiz

jaychiz Well-Known Member

they look really unattractive when worn that high jay-d

11. clarksdb

clarksdb Well-Known Member

Few questions after getting my skinny guy 32 deep indigo:

1) The fit seems really nice to me though for some reason the leg opening seems a bit big. Can I wear them for months and then think about tapering them so the leg opening is smaller like 510?

2) When cuffing should i do a double or just one big cuff? What is recommended? In Jay's posts the first post seems a single cuff while the second post looks double.

3) When you people ask 'are you trying to sag..." what do you mean?

12. 300zx1985

300zx1985 Well-Known Member

1) The fit seems really nice to me though for some reason the leg opening seems a bit big. Can I wear them for months and then think about tapering them so the leg opening is smaller like 510?

2) When cuffing should i do a double or just one big cuff? What is recommended? In Jay's posts the first post seems a single cuff while the second post looks double.

1- sure why not...
    2- your preference
    3- pull them down

13. clarksdb

clarksdb Well-Known Member

1- sure why not...
    2- your preference
    3- pull them down

1. Oh okay, I just wasnt sure if it would ruin the fit of the jeans.
    2. True. I have it double cuffed right now...might stick with that.
    3. lol thats what I thought. Back in the day we used to just say 'gangster' when referring to that look. I personally wear my n&f like the models in Jay's pictures...the seat fits perfectly. I will post fit pictures hopefully in a couple days.

14. 300zx1985

i think double cuffing looks better, if you flip it up once it sorta looks wierd to me, like dirt will get caught up in there

15. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Well-Known Member

i think double cuffing looks better, if you flip it up once it sorta looks wierd to me, like dirt will get caught up in there

lol yeah i once found a couple week old fry in my cuff over the summer [​IMG]

i would agree except i think its ok and looks nice if its a really small cuff. like retaining full stacking just flipping up where the seam is to show selvage. if not, cuffing multiple Xs is prolly better

16. 300zx1985

haha thats sort of like finding a fry under the seat in the car, you always wonder how long its been there

17. Ordense

Ordense Well-Known Member

I just had a pair (not N&F, but brand is irrelevant for the example) tapered from the knee down after 4 months of wear and a wash.
    If the modification is not too dramatic in terms of the amount of material taken in, the alteration is pretty much impossible to notice.
    I was worried the honeycombs would have shifted somehow, but i was very positively impressed with the results. I have to admit i was a bit hesitant, though. So, go for it!

I got rid of the calf flare and love those jeans more than ever

18. cb_32

cb_32 Well-Known Member

i cuff once and only when im wearing boots in the snow

19. Odd I/O

Odd I/O Well-Known Member

they look really unattractive when worn that high jay-d

Where should jeans be worn? Should they be worn below the top of the hip bone? Or just resting at the top of the hip bone? Sorry for the noob question.

20. Psydelik

Psydelik Well-Known Member

The leg opening is quite big for a skinny jean. I'm personally a fan of both a big cuff and a double cuff, so that's all up to you. About the tapering, you can pretty much do that whenever, so no worries there.